forty four.

Loren Mayers

As we travel through life, we encounter situations that we didn't expect or felt like shouldn't happen. Life's something that I highly doubt is easy for anyone. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Regardless of your situation, life's going to be hard for you.

But we all are going to make it through. Tough times are inevitable, they're meant to happen. Life's something you'll call a rocky road.

And this rocky road has been an exhausting journey. Look at me sounding like I'm middle age when I'm only about to be twenty four.

This was my journey to find love and myself. I can finally say I found myself and love.

I removed myself from Kaleb's grip and the covers. I slowly stood up, slipping on my house shoes. I grabbed my robe and made my way downstairs.

I had felt an instant urge to watch home videos my parents had put together for us. I wanted to watch them with my siblings but I couldn't resist.

It was going on three o'clock in the morning and I couldn't sleep so what the hey.

I popped in one of the multiple DVD's and grabbed the remote control. I sat down on the couch before pressing play.

"Aye, is this shit even on?" I chuckled, hearing my father's voice while he tried to figure out if the camera was on or not.

"Yes, it's on Rakim," my mother appeared in front of the camera, looking about seventeen. "Let it be. You're moving around too much, damn."

"Anyways," they both took a seat in front of the camera. "What it is? What's up? Got yo bitch in the club."

I burst into laughter seeing my father dancing while picking at my mother. She just sat their with a nonchalant look on her face.

"Hey, my sweet baby," my mother clasped her hands together. "We decided to do this video for you when you get older-"

"Aye, so basically you can't ever have a boyfriend. You can't have children. You can't even have a male best friend because I'll beat his ass." My mother was cut off by my father's bluntness.

"Stop baby," she laughed at him. "We can't wait to see you blossom into a young lady."

I let out a giggle, seeing my father shaking his head. He's really a character man.

"She probably can't wait, but I'm not ready for that. A nigga is nineteen and isn't tryna see his daughter grow up. Although your ass just turned one yesterday,"

"But nah on a serious note, I love you, Lo. You mean the world to me and I'm happy to be your father. It's crazy how you don't know true love until you have a child of your own," he smiled a little.

"This parentin' shit is challengin', I'ma come clean but I wouldn't change it for anything. I love your little pale ass."

His smiled made my heart flutter. The same smile I woke up to almost every morning. No one knows how much I love my father. That's like my number one supporter and I wouldn't be anything without him.

Another video started playing and I instantly cooed at the little video of me trying to ride a bike.

"Daddy, I can't." I whine as I pout and fold my arms across my chest.

"Can't? What is can't?"

"The contraction for cannot also a word that's not in my vocabulary." I remembered that saying.

"That's right. Now, hop back on so I can help you." He walked over to me and helped me onto the bike.

All these videos were making me emotional. My hormones and these videos were not meant to be mix with each other.