xxiv.

Kaleb Cannel

Guess what day it is. It's the kid nineteenth birthday, you digg? Birthdays don't usually mean shit to me because I use to hate them, but this year I'm celebrating it with my lil baby so it's going to be special.

"Man, so you ain't gone give me none?" I whined a little, looking at Loren who was putting on some lounge around clothes.

"Ezerah and Tae is downstairs, that's disrespectful."

"Shit this our house, fuck them."

"I got you tonight, alright?" She stood on her tiptoes in front of me.

"Fine." I sniffed causing her to laugh.

"You act like it's been some months."

"You know I be feenin' and be needin' to be inside of you." I confessed.

"Welp." She laughed, leaving out of the room.

I huffed and took my shoes off, going downstairs to join everyone else. Ezerah and Taeli arrived here a few hours ago and we decided to just chill out at the house until later on today.

"Kaleb, Ezerah still talking about I can't cook." Lo said once I made it downstairs while rolling her eyes.

"Get off my girl, nigga."

"Shut the fuck up." Ezerah responded.

"You can catch this fade, bitch."

"We are not little anymore, c'monnn." He held his fists up.

"You so lame, bro." I laughed and so did he.

I noticed Lo went in the living room with Taeli, leaving us in the kitchen.

"What's been up, bruh? How's college and football?" He leaned on the counter.

"College straight and football is lit as hell. Rams hasn't been defeated yet."

"Aye that's wassup," he smiled. "I saw y'all online and was like 'look at my nigga.'"

"Still fuckin' with basketball?"

"You already know."

"You remember when we use to always say we gone make it pro?" I laughed.

"Yeahhh, we was like 13 and shit." He laughed also.

Ezerah and I always dreamed about making it pro. It's still a dream but we doubt that it'll come to reality.

"KC, do you think Tae been actin' weird?" He asked in a serious tone.

"A little, she been mad quiet since she got here. Some up with her?" I asked. It's not like Tae to be quiet.

"Man, I don't even know. Yesterday she was moody and didn't want me to touch her and today she's been quiet."

"Damn, what the hell is up?"

"I believe she's..." He trailed off and I already knew what he was talking about.