xxii.

Loren Mayers

Que's Fit In blasted throughout the gym as I showed my Uncle Dj my boxing skills.

"Shit Lo." Uncle Dj jerked back, causing me to snicker.

He laughed before holding his hands back up. I did the technique he taught me until he called time.

"Not bad, not bad at all." He smiled, handing me a bottle of water and a towel. I dabbed the sweat off my forehead and drink some water, sitting beside my unc in the chair.

When I tell you I almost lost it earlier when he had no shirt on. Whew. Then he had the nerve to leave it off for majority of the section.

My Uncle is a professional boxer who own his own gym and also teach upcoming boxers. He's an incredible boxer with a banging body.

I'm sorry Kaleb, I love you though.

"So what's been up with you, lil bit?" He asked, wiping his forehead.

"Nothing much. I've moved out on my own and I'm going to college and I have a boyfriend." I mumbled the last part, turning my head.

"Wait one gotdamn minute, you got a nigga? Do Rock know about this?"

"Um, no and you're not going to tell him."

"Girl, you know I'm a snitch," he joked. "Who you datin'?"

"His name is KC."

"KC?" He repeated. "Surprisingly, I don't know him. At longs he's treatin' you right and you're happy, I'm fine with it. But yo ass gone have to tell your parents, lil bit."

"I will," I sighed. "I think I'll tell them today or tomorrow."

"You better." He stood up and made his way out of the ring.

I watched as he greeted his customers until my phone starting ringing. I answered the call from my mother, putting it to my ear.

"Hey sexy lady." I greeted, laughing after.

"Hey baby," she laughed. "Would you like to go to a shoot and the mall with me?"

"Of course, when?"

"Today around 1."

"Okay, I'll be at the house before that."

"Alright, see you later." She hung up, while I stood up.

"You leavin'?" Unc asked, seeing me grab my bag.

"Yeah, got to go home and shower then go somewhere with mama." I slipped on my boots and coat, preparing for the cold weather.

"Aight be careful, lil bit. Love you."

"Love you too." I hugged him tightly before leaving out of the building and quickly getting into my car.

Once I made it home, I slipped off my boots and threw my coat on the couch. Kaleb came out the laundry room while putting his work vest on. His boots clicked against the floor as he walked towards me.