The Awakening (Part 7)

The Prince felt guilty, perhaps it was his fault for giving up on his friends when the incident had happened. They had tried talking to him after that day but he wouldn't see them. Plagued with the memories of that day and the words of his friends, he had felt betrayed, but it was he who betrayed them. They were lost and so there reasoning sounded very sound to them. They didn't see the need to question the Mage's actions and the Prince knew that he should have done more to prove that killing wasn't the answer.

The Prince pressed the tip of the blade to his neck and inhaled softly as he began to loose all feelings in his lower half. The Mage had really let loose his violent anger on his body. The lingering feeling of semen and blood oozed from his ass, his thighs throbbed from strain and his knees pained from excessive pressure. The Prince felt hopeless and useless, seeing himself as a failure in everything he had done, was doing and had planned to do.

"I didn't want to hurt you, I should have explained, but I was too selfish to expect you to understand my point of view without even explaining it in full." The Prince paused as his teary eyes straight back into the Mage's golden ones. He could see the regret in his eyes, but he didn't want the Mage to voice it. Since it was his fault why he had drifted from his friends. "Now that you have satisfied yourself and have voiced your frustration, I will pay for my crimes against you and the others. I caused them all to suffer before I left and leaving them like I did was no better." Pressing the blade further and further into his skin, he could feel the pain it brought fort and the blood that began to seep out from the wound.

Perhaps the Prince was taking this too far, killing himself as a means to punish himself for abandoning his friends, but that wasn't it. How could he now look himself in the mirror knowing full well that he, a man of pride and power, was violated in such a way and left in an embarrassing state? Perhaps killing himself in front of the Mage would also drive the Mage to feeling guilty which would then turn into a double suicide, or so he thought.

The Prince felt the warm touch of the Mage, and to his surprised, the Mage had embarrassed him. Holding his tight into his arms and burying his face into the nape of the Prince's neck. There was only silence as the muscular arms of the Mage held his tight which had caused the knife in his hand to fall to into his lap while his palms pressed against the Mage's chest. The Prince then heard the Mage whispered something which caught him off guard.

"I never wanted to hurt you. I never became your friend because you were the Prince, I befriend you because I was and still am in love with you. I just wanted to see you before I left the kingdom. I figured if you'd kill me then I could die happily and avoid my faith in Themos."

"T-Themos..." The Prince mumbled, completely ignoring the obvious love confess. Themos was known for its brutal way of life, and it's unjustly use of magic. A city govern and control by a secret society of Mages. They enslaved elves and dwarves, and denied anyone access to health care or food if they didn't believe in the city's ways. Even though it had it's reputation, many people still flock to the ever growing city in hopes of a better life. "W-why Themos?"

"Word of how I've being dealing with the crime problem in the kingdom has reached one of the Magisters in Themos. They had met with your King a few days ago and I've been ordered to leave the kingdom to live in Themos and to work under the Circle of Magi." The Mage pulled away from the Prince and avert his eyes to the ground. "I know exactly what the true purpose of the Circle is, which it why I wanted to die, I wanted you to kill me."

The Prince looked at the Mage, and despite his lifeless lower half, he shift a bit to get closer to his molester. "You were looking for a way out, so you decided to taint me by f-force in hopes of getting a swift d-death, is that it?" He wanted to yell the sentence, but his voice was cracking, his throat hurting from the excessive screaming he did, which left him with a whispered voice.

"No, you don't understand. I've been ordered to leave before sunset tomorrow and I figured since I wouldn't see you again, and the fact that we weren't on good terms, then I'd show and tell you how I truly felt and if you felt the need to end me then I'd be pleased, either way. I just didn't have any regrets."

"Then why didn't you just talk to me? I would have..."

"No, you wouldn't have Prince. I sat here all day waiting for you to enter and after you realized it was me, you told me to get out, remember? How could I possibly talk to you when you still hate me as much as you did back then. Look, if you're not going to kill me, then stay your dagger and I'll leave here and your life or good." The Mage got up after sighing then turned to walk away when he felt the weak thug of his left hand which stopped him in his tracks. Ignoring the temptation to look back, be slowly began to pull his hand away but the Prince was using both his hands this time to stop the Mage from leaving. Weak as he was, determination always gave him strength.

"Y-You didn't ask why I left, why I walked out on you those twenty years ago."

"What's the point? I ignored your ideals and I murdered a man who I knew would continue to hurt others. Perhaps you could have debated to your father that he be placed into the dungeon for the rest of his life, but I didn't listen. I saw my view as just so I-" The Mages stopped talking when he felt the Prince's nails digging into his skin through his robe sleeve.

"I left because I was disappointed in. Mother told me once, that I was always drawn to those who had darkness in their hearts. That I would always try to help cleanse those persons of their darkness, and that one day that same darkness would be too much for myself to handle." The Prince slowly released his hold on the Mage's hand. "I didn't want to think about it. When I came in and saw you killing that men, the words my mother had spoken were ringing in my ears once more. I didn't want to see what else you were capable of so I left and everything that had to do with the crimes of the kingdom, I shut myself out of it all."

"So, the Queen had foretold my demise, which caused you to leave us?"

"No Hawke, I left because my mother's words were coming to pass. I left because I was disappointed in how things turned out. I left because...... I-I" The Prince sighed then looked down at the blood mess he was still sitting in. " I left because I didn't want to see the one I hold most dear lose himself to the darkness my mother spoke of. The very thought terrified me, I love you Hawke."

TO BE CONTINUED.