Moving Forward (Part 14)

The Mage had risen in ranks quicker than anyone had expected, being labelled as the Crabwell Apprentice was an great power and privileges. However, he had to show his loyalty to the Circle time and ago to have gotten his current title and not a night goes by that he wasn't reminded in his sleep by those whom he had killed innocently. The sun was out burning bright through the worn wooden window door in his room. The smell of freshly baked bread made its way to his nose through those very cracks and caused him to slowly opened his eyes. This was his morning wake up call for the pass three years, but he didn't mind. The people in the small area where they lived thought that the Archer and the Mage were run a ways who can't afford to feed themselves so they'd always give the boys a loaf of freshly baked bread in the mornings. Slowly, the Mage sat up in bed, his worn out white shirt opened more to exposed his muscular and well toned chest. The Mage stretched before looking to the door of his room. It has become a habit now, he'd wake up to find the Archer standing in his doorway as if watching over him while he slept and this morning was no different.

"You've been watching me for three years now, don't you think it's time you make an advance and at least try to wake me up?" The Mage said with a smirk, turning his upper body to the send before swinging his legs to the ground. As he then got up, he could hear the Archer clearing his throat before saying something. The Archer has been speaking much more now and to the Mage's surprised, the Archer's accent was one of which he had only heard once, and that was when his was a younger from a certain woman and because of this mystery, the Mage got even more interested in his friend's past.

"Z'here iz un man downstairs vho vishes to speak vith you" The Archer then steps out of the doorway to give the Mage effort space to pass. As the Mage walked up to him, he looked at the Archer closely. He could tell that the Archer had been up for a while now, however the light in the passage way was too dim for him to have a better look at the Archer's face. As he made his way downstairs with the Archer behind him, two men that was sitting by a raggedy table close to the shameful excuse for a fireplace. The men got up to great the Mage and the Archer just sort of disappeared into the background.

The men clothed in imperial seams and fine leather which suggested that they were servants of the great magister Crabwell. The men stood to attention the whole time as they delivered their message to the Mage then handed him a neatly folded envelop that had the magister's seal on it. It was a letter of Authority, giving the Mage access to whatever he so desired. Along with the letter was a golden key and the description of the key was written in the letter:

"It took me awhile but I've finally figured out where you live and I'm not impressed. As my apprentice, I think its only fair that live like one. Also in the envelop is a key to your new home. I understand that you like your space and seeing you're roommate, I understand why. You should introduce him to me sometimes, no need to keep secrets. Anyways shift to your new home soon then report to the Chantry."

The men then bowed and walked out of the house after which the Mage then turned to the Archer with a serious glare. He could feel his blood roasting as he thought of the magister. The one he was going to meet now for the first time. He understood his rage, since he was getting closer to his goal, but he could comprehend why the magister's interest in the Archer upset him even more. He crushed the paper before putting both the key and the crumpled paper into his pocket while the Archer walked over to him.

"We live for the Residential District in Hightown now."

TO BE CONTINUED

The Awakening of The Elf MageOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara