Chapter 8

I'm trying to get my Twitter together lol So, follow me on Twitter: omgchelee

Theodore III

"You know," I began telling my Dad as I tried to get comfortable in the seat of his car. "I don't know even know why you're wasting your gas driving me over here. I really don't want to see her and I know she doesn't want to see me either. This is a big waste of time 'cause I could be in therapy right now. And I need to take my medicine 'cause I'm in pain. You got a lighter so I can roll up?"

My Dad shook his head as he pulled off from the light. "I know you don't want to see her but she insisted that you come over to see her the other day. I don't know what she wants to talk to you about but she kind of hinted around to possibly apologizing. I have no idea what she's gonna do so just be polite and respectful to her and please don't start talking about your medicine. You know she'll have a fit if she finds out you're on medical marijuana."

I shrugged my shoulders. "It's for my health and my doctor prescribed it. It's not illegal and I'm always polite and respectful to her at first. She just starts doing little stuff to tick me off then I end up getting mad and lashing out. The we both just start arguing. It's not my fault she likes to keep fights going."

He sighed. "I know she does son, but that's why you gotta let her have her way sometimes."

I shook my head. "No can do," I replied. "I see where all of y'all have gotten with letting her have her way and I'm not gonna do it. She acts this way 'cause you and Grandpa keep spoiling her and letting her have her way. I'm not gonna do it. I'm gonna tell her straight up how I feel and if she can't handle it, then you'll be there to stop her from putting her hands on me."

"About that," he began, rubbing his goatee.

"What?" I frowned.

"She actually said she wanted to spend some alone time with you, so I'mma be heading over to the club after this. I'm just gonna drop you off but you're supposed to be with her for the day."

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed. The last thing I wanted to do today was be caught up in a house with my evil mother, with no way of ever leaving. Who knows what she'll do to me while I'm stuck there alone with her. "I really can't do that Dad, I really can't. You know how crazy she is, and it's not like I'm gonna have my car and I can't even feel my legs. How am I supposed to run out of there once she starts yelling at me?"

"You can't, and I guess today will be your first lesson in manhood. You gotta learn how to deal with these women T3, and your mother's probably the most difficult to deal with out of the entire bunch. Just deal with it and I'll be back around here in the next couple of hours to get you. If you can't handle it then call me," he said as he pulled up in the driveway of our house, well his house.

I didn't think anybody was staying here except for him since Daniel and I are gone. I heard Mama was sleeping in hotels, so I thought Dad was the only person staying here. But things looked completely different from the outside of the house. There was a new maid tending to the flowers in the front of the house, my car was parked in the driveway alongside Mama's, a few of Dad's and some unknown car. I wonder who she has up in this house.

"How long am I supposed to be here?"

"Three, maybe four hours but it all depends on whether or not I can get out of the club in enough time. It could be longer than that though."

I shook my head. How much more bad news was he gonna drop on me? "Alright, just help me out of the car since you want me to just go in here alone and be put through hell for several hours."

He shook his head as he shut off his car. "You know, I liked you a lot better when you were a baby and couldn't talk. You were so much more respectful."