Chapter 40

Teddy

Milan and I went to visit Dr

Milan and I went to visit Dr. Rogers today. Since Victoria and I's nasty split, I wanted to start things off right with Milan. We really don't have any issues and I'm trying to keep it that way. So if coming to therapy twice a month is what we have to do to maintain a healthy relationship, then I'm all for it.

Dr. Rogers smiled. "I'm so glad I'm seeing you two again. How's everything been going with the wedding Milan?"

Milan smiled. "Great."

"And what about you Teddy? Have you been helping with the wedding planning?"

"No," I chuckled. "I've actually been really busy with business lately but Milan knows if she needs me, all she has to do is ask. And I'm not really too involved in stuff like that anyways. I just let her make all the decisions."

Dr. Rogers nodded her head. "Which is a good thing, and can also be a bad thing. I heard about you being a co-owner of The Dream Team, so congratulations on that but I don't want business to get in the way of you all's relationship. Your relationship is just blossoming and can either be life long or it can end abruptly. And with you already not taking part in the wedding process, you're starting off a life for the two of you filled with separation."

I nodded my head. "I understand and I'll try to be around more."

"Good, and one more thing Theodore. I don't know if you still talk to her but I've reached out to her multiple times and never got a call back, but how's Victoria? I know she was talking about leaving Los Angeles. Did she ever make the move?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, she left a couple weeks ago but I haven't heard from her. Nobody has heard from her, actually. She said she needed space from her family so we've been giving her, her well deserved space to let her get her mind together."

Dr. Rogers nodded her head. "That's good for her. Victoria is a very difficult woman but she needs some time to relax and clear her mind, as you stated. She has a lot on her plate, so hopefully making that move to San Diego with her boyfriend is what she needs."

I scrunched up my face. "Victoria didn't move to San Diego, she moved to Santa Monica and she doesn't have a boyfriend."

"Um actually she said she was moving to San Diego to be far away and she spoke about a boyfriend of hers frequently. They made the move together to further their relationship. He's a lawyer."

I sucked my teeth. I see Victoria is still throwing herself at that kid Jayvion. She told me months ago that the two of them were done, had separated and were seeing other people but I guess that was a lie, just like her moving to Santa Monica. She told me she was moving to Santa Monica, which isn't too far away but San Diego is a lot further than I expected it to be. "I see," I mumbled.

"But," Dr. Rogers began. "You all's relationship is a thing of the past so it shouldn't effect you, right?"

I took a deep breath. She's right. I shouldn't care about what Victoria's doing or who she's doing it with. She clearly told me she didn't want anything to do with me and I need to accept that. Just like she moved on, so did I. "Nope, it doesn't effect me." I reached over and grabbed Milan's hand. "All I want to be effected by is anything that happens in Milan and I's life."