Chapter 17

Jaz

I don't know what my Dad and Aubrey were talking about, and I honestly didn't care. I was too concerned about my car. I understand that my Dad wants me to come home but he's forcing me to leave my car parked up here in this neighborhood like I don't have a nice car. I quickly put my head down once I saw him coming and kept quiet. He snatched the door open, slid into the driver's seat and slammed the door close before pulling out of the parking lot, burning rubber as he turned into the street.

I took a deep breath. "I know you're upset and you probably don't wanna talk to me Daddy but my car is still up there," I mumbled so low that I could hardly hear myself talking.

He scoffed. "Your car?" he laughed. "That's funny, because I do remember being the one that purchased it and I think we're gonna let the state get a hold of that car. I got you that car because I trusted you and I thought you were responsible."

"I am," I defended myself.

"Stop lying. You're not trustworthy nor are you responsible, because if you were, you wouldn't have been hanging out with that hoodlum, you wouldn't have been all laid up with him in the middle of the night doing Lord knows what with him. You have hickies all over your neck, ears and chest and your fucking nipples are bleeding Jazmine!!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. "I swear, if I wasn't concerned about what would happen to my family, I would turn around and kill that nigga dead! You should be glad I'm not angry enough to do it!" he yelled as he banged his fist up against the steering wheel, each time adding more pressure than before.

If he's not angry right now then I have no idea what he is. "So what's going to happen to my car?" I asked.

"Hmmm," he smirked as he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel. "I'm thinking about letting it get impounded and just letting the people sell it to somebody worthy of having a car or I could benefit from this. I could sell the car I bought back to the dealer, that way both of us are benefiting. How does that sound?"

I rolled my eyes and didn't respond. How was I supposed to respond when he's talking about getting rid of my car because of one bad incident? What Aubrey and I were doing wasn't even bad compared to all of the other shit we've done in the past. I sat back and just looked out the window, trying to pass the time but then he started yelling again as if he had been thinking of something else to complain about.

"I can't believe you Jazmine! If I hadn't have caught the two of you, you probably would've continued. You'd probably be pregnant...but from what I've heard, that won't be the first time you've been pregnant. I've never seen a baby, so what the hell happened to the baby Jazmine?" My Dad asked.

I scrunched up my face as I turned to him. "What are you talking about? I was never pregnant and I'm not pregnant right now. Aubrey and I weren't sleeping together and we aren't sleeping together. We're both virgins," I folded my arms, trying to stay as calm as possible. I know the only reason he even bought up my past pregnancy is because of Aubrey. I know how he likes to run his mouth when he's mad but he can't keep doing that, especially to my Dad, so I have to put on an act of I'm really gonna get my ass kicked.

Me Dad smacked his lips. "Alright, you can stop all the lying now Jazmine. Your stupid ass friend told me everything, and I mean everything. How often do y'all have sex?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I wouldn't know since we don't have sex."

He nodded his head, not believing me. "Sure, and neither have your mother and I," he sarcastically replied. "He told me he was your first. Is that true? And you better not lie."

"No it's not the truth. I'm a virgin," I replied, sticking with my story. 

"He told me you like to give him head. Is that true?"