Chapter 29

I'll be trying to update more frequently but the chapters will be shorter though. I have a lot going on within the next two weeks. I have finals, senior pinning, senior clearance, prom, graduation and scholarship interviews. I hope that's okay, and don't forget to keep the comments up on this chapter!

Theodore III

My heart was racing as I walked into Grandpa's house with Princess on my hip

My heart was racing as I walked into Grandpa's house with Princess on my hip. I've never shot anybody before. I know the guy isn't dead but I still shot somebody. Grandpa's been teaching me hot to shoot for months and said to only shoot in certain cases. I wanted to defend myself with my fists but I didn't have time for that. If I had even wasted five minutes beating his ass, I'd have to come back to Princess covered in blood or Nicole would have taken Princess out of my car. I needed to get her out of that trailer and the only thing I was able to do quickly was shoot him in the hand. Shit. I probably blew his hand off. I just hope Grandpa understands.

"Oh my God!" I looked up and saw Daniel running out of the kitchen with a sandwich in his hands. He stuffed the remainder of the sandwich in his mouth as he ran up to me and Princess. "Can I please hold my cousi--hey, why do you have blood all over your shirt?" he scrunched up his face.

I scrunched up mine and looked down at my plain gray shirt. I didn't even notice the small blood spots all over my shirt. I was too overwhelmed about actually shooting somebody to even notice the blood on me. I quickly shook my head. "I uh, I cut myself earlier."

"Oh," he mumbled. "Can I still hold my cousin though?"

I looked down at Princess, who had fallen asleep on the ride over to Grandpa's house. "Later, a'ight? She's sleeping and I don't wanna wake her up." I turned and tried walking upstairs to get away from Daniel before he started asking too many questions but he followed me up the steps.

"Are you sure? Because you said that last time and Nicole came to pick her up before I could get a chance to hold her."

"Yeah, I'm sure. She might be staying with us for awhile."

"How come? I thought you only got to see her on the weekends?"

I sighed. "I did in the past but things might be changing soon."

"Oh, so where's her room gonna be? She can share with me," he suggested as he followed me down the hallway to my bedroom. "I hear you getting up in the middle of the night sometimes feeding her and changing her and I wanna help do that but for a fee, of course."

"Of course," I sucked my teeth. "I don't think that's gonna be necessary Daniel. If she comes to stay with us then she's gonna be in her own room but she got her crib and stuff in my room."

Once I got up to my bedroom, I pushed the door open and Daniel followed me on. "Well, you must not be getting any play from any girls with a crib in your room. Do you?"