Chapter 12

This MIGHT be the last update until I officially have to take everything off of here, so I'm gonna make the most out of this update and possibly the one after this just for you guys. And to let the people know that asked, ALL of my books will be on Amazon so you guys can buy them :)

Theodore

Before I knew it, six long months of pure hell had passed by me and here I was in the end of September about to go out in a few hours to celebrate Aubrey's birthday. To this day, none of us know what happened to him a few months ago. One night, his Mom just got a call about him being in the hospital unconscious but none of us were ever able to get any details on what happened to him. We were all glad we found out where he was, but that wasn't the end of that situation.

He was shot two times. Once in his shoulder and then another bullet went straight through his back and through his chest. He was int he hospital for a few weeks before being released. His arm was kept in a brace and he had to take some time off of school to recover but he was back in school within a month and was out of the brace by July. Everything seemed fine with him, physically, but whatever happened to him while he disappeared fucked him up mentally. He hasn't been the same after what happened to him. He's not the same Aubrey he was before he disappeared.

He says he's not but I can tell how depressed his is. He barely eats, he doesn't talk as much as he used to, he doesn't make jokes and play around like he used to and he doesn't even talk about Lindsey anymore. It's like, after whatever happened to him, his personality did a full 360 and I don't even know who he is anymore. I've sat down and tried talking to him but he never says much. I know he has a lot on his mind about what happened to him, but I wouldn't know since he won't tell us how he got shot. Every time somebody asks him how he got shot or what he was doing when it happened, he goes mute and doesn't say anything at all.

I don't know what happened to him when he disappeared or how he got shot, but I just wish he'd go back to the old Aubrey. It's no fun being around this new person. I don't even know who he is anymore. The only good thing about him being in the hospital is that his Mom has been back in his life more and decided to switch his school. Now he's down in Compton at school with me and Majesty while Jaz is still in Los Angeles, begging her parents to let her switch schools so she can be with Aubrey again.

Aubrey and I have most of the same classes together, which is a good thing. I had friends at Compton High and I had Majesty, but it's nothing like having my best friend at a school with me when we have majority of the same classes together. The only classes we don't have together are AP Calculus and Science, but somehow, Aubrey and I got thrown into the same Art, Spanish and Gym classes too.

Now, I have gym but I can't do much since I still don't have a lot of feeling in my legs right now. I've been going to rehab every single day since I got out of the hospital six months ago and I'm regaining some of the feeling in my legs. The doctors said I wouldn't be able to gain full feeling until at least a year has passed but I'm glad I can feel more than I had been able to feel. 

Aubrey and I sat next to each other in a Spanish 1 class, surrounded by a bunch of freshmen, sophomores and juniors. There were mainly freshmen in this class but there were a few seniors too, so Aubrey and I weren't the only ones.

"Class! Class! I need all of you to calm down!" Ms. Rodriguez yelled over the noisy class. "I hate this class!"

The class erupted in laughter when she yelled that, since she tells us the same thing everyday. She says we're her worst class she's ever taught, I guess since there's such a diverse mixture of kids in here. 

Ms. Rodriguez walked over to the door and I knew what she was about to do next. She slammed the door close as hard as she could, causing everybody to look up at her. "Now, I told y'all little putas to be quiet! Y'all need to sentarse and be quiet."