Chapter 47

Victoria

A surge of emotions slammed right into me as soon as I closed the door behind Teddy

A surge of emotions slammed right into me as soon as I closed the door behind Teddy. Nothing happened between us but the conversation about him moving forward with his career. We didn't talk about me and my life and we didn't talk about his personal life. We kept things professional between us, the way it should be. If he wants a friendship, we're gonna have to work towards that and I think we're moving in the right direction. But the next relationship I need to mend is with Theodore.

I know he probably hates me for everything I did to him, and looking back on it, I was wrong. I was wrong for telling him I hated him on a daily basis and I was wrong for starving him and only letting him eat dry oatmeal. Instead of punishing him, I should've been teaching him the right thing to do and maybe my son wouldn't be so fucked up. Theodore would probably be at a better head space if we had been on decent terms after I found out he got Nicole pregnant.

I plopped down on my couch and grabbed my phone that was sitting on the coffee table. I've been going back and forth with myself for weeks trying to figure out if calling him was the right move or not. I wanted to call him, just to see what he's been doing and to check on him. I know he's growing up and I know he's got a lot of major events coming up and I don't want to miss them. I've missed almost an entire year of his life, I can't miss another or his birthday next week.

God, I hope he didn't change his phone number like I did. I dialed his number and put the phone up to my ear, anxious as to what he might have to say to me. I know I pissed him off and I know I pushed him well beyond his limit and I just want to apologize for that. I want him to forgive me for what I did to him in the past and how I reacted when Daddy left everything to him, but I don't blame Daddy. At the time Mama died, I wasn't int he right head space but I am now. Jayvion has been good to and for me. I don't blame Teddy for my behavior but he always seems to bring out the worst in me and I'm tired of it.

My heart beat sped up when the ringing finally stopped and I could hear a baby making noises in the background, which made me smile. I wonder how he's doing with Princess but whatever he's doing is obviously making her happy. She sounds happy and he must be a good Father to her if he got full custody of her. Daddy told me Theodore got full custody of her because she's extremely sick and Nicole wasn't doing anything to help her. It just surprised me that Theodore stepped up to take care of her.

"Hello? Who's this?" he answered.

I took a deep breath. "H-Hey baby, it's me." There was silence from him but I knew he was still there since I could hear Princess in the background. "Theodore? Can you say something, please? I know I'm the last person you probably want to be talking to but I've been thinking about you and I want to talk to you about what happened with us. I know I shouldn't have done what I did to you, and I'm sorry. I'm very sorry about how I treated you but I don't want to stop talking to you forever. I love you and I want things to go back to how they used to be between us. We used to be so happy and me and you used to do everything together when you were younger. I just want things to be the same between us because I really miss you."