Chapter 34

Guys, I know EXACTLY what I'm gonna do for the next book. My Mom helped me out with the details lol but you guys are gonna be mad at me for the way I'm gonna end the next book and for what else will be coming lol

And I figured out the characters for the next book:

Theodore: bnettles

Aubrey: ericdaagod

Theodore III

Grandpa drove me down to his old neighborhood in Compton so I could get in contact with some of his 'top flight security' and get used to this life I'll have to live in a few short months. He claimed spending the day down here would really open up my eyes to everything I've been protected from all of my life.

Grandpa turned down a street and slowed down his car. There were kids playing at almost every house on the block that wasn't vacant. It was a decent neighborhood except for the abandoned houses, but the people still living around here kept their yards looking nice. Grandpa continued on down the street, sometimes waving at some of the older people we passed by until he stopped in front of one of the worst looking houses on the block. It looked like the house had caught on fire multiple times and all of the windows and doors were standing wide open, but a guy was sitting on the porch. He's probably a crackhead.

"You see that house right here?" he asked, pointing to the house we were in front of. I nodded my head. "That's the first house I bought when I was like 19. Back then, it ain't cost nothing to afford to live on my own 'cause I didn't need much. I had my little thing going with my nigga Harlem and I had some money continuously coming in. Life was good in this house."

"What about Grandma? Did she live here with you too?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah, she lived here with me for a long time. This was the first place we stayed in together. We made some memories in that house."

I turned to him. "All good?"

He shook his head. "Of course not. Most of them were fucked up but they're still memories and they're what shaped me and Sincere to be who we are now. We went through a lot of fucked up shit when we were younger, and I don't want you having to experience it. What we did to each other wasn't healthy."

I nodded my head. I've heard the stories plenty of times from my family about how Grandma and Grandpa used to get down. I know they used to kill people, sell drugs and get around with people. And I even know that they liked to get physical with each other majority of the time. I know about all of it and that's why I respect Grandpa. I know he had his addictions but he overcame them, and the negativity down here, and made something great out of himself.

"I've heard about what y'all used to do," I replied. "Am I gonna have to do that too?"

"Do what?"

"You know, kill people," I whispered.

He shrugged his shoulders. "You think I got in the game thinking I was gonna have to kill people? I thought I was just gonna sell whatever my boss gave me and that would be it. You never know what's gonna happen, so if you need to kill always be prepared to do it. And in your case, there's gonna be a lot of people looking to take you out. How you think they gon' feel when a young nigga just pops up on the scene with three clubs in Atlanta that he's using to launder money and an empire that's been brewing for years? Niggas are gonna be pissed, especially the niggas who've been in the gave for a long time and haven't made it far. Niggas are gonna hate you, and you better get used to it."

"Niggas hate me now. I can get used to a couple more," I laughed but he didn't laugh with me. He just shook his head.

"Your little beef with Aubrey ain't gonna compare to the beef you're gonna have with some of these niggas down here. You're gonna have to be on your guard all the time and you're gonna have to get some protection, that's why we're meeting with my security team today and a few of the guys that are gonna be working for you in Atlanta. I won't be around all the time to protect you so you're gonna have to learn on your own. That's why I got you somebody I can trust that will be your right hand."