Chapter 39

Theodore III

I paced around my bedroom that next same night trying to wrap my mind around what just happened between Jaz and I and I can't seem to do it

I paced around my bedroom that next same night trying to wrap my mind around what just happened between Jaz and I and I can't seem to do it. I don't know what made us start kissing and I don't know what made us keep it going but we did. Part of me thought it would feel good, and it did at first but then it started to get weird. The more I kissed her, the more I thought about Aubrey and Majesty. But then towards the end, it got even weirder. I felt like I was kissing my sister and that's when I had to stop the kiss.

"I guess we both caught each other in a vulnerable state," I ranted. "I mean I'm not even into her like that. Me and Jaz are just friends, you know? We both got caught up in our emotions and just kissed each other."

I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking what it would be like if the two of us were together. I mean, Aubrey and Majesty did it so why couldn't we? I came to the conclusion after kissing Jaz that Aubrey and Majesty just don't give a damn. And they haven't known each other as long as Jaz and I have, so of course it wouldn't be weird to them. Nothing is weird to them since they don't have feelings but I do and I have some for Jaz, just not the same feelings she has for me. 

After the kiss, I don't see Jaz as anything to me other than a sister or a best friend. The two of us aren't cut out to be together. The thought of us kissing again or even sleeping together makes my skin crawl and she has to be feeling the same way as I do. 

"I'm sure she's gotta be feeling the same way I feel. But what if she's not? What if she liked the kiss and really wants to be with me?" I asked. "Maybe I should give her a call to see where her head's at 'cause I can't be walking around clueless. You know? Should I call her?"

I turned to Princess who was laying on my bed, just watching me pace back and forth across my room. I couldn't tell Lindsey this, or anybody in my family for that matter, since none of them want anything to do with Jaz. All of them hate her because they think she's plotting but I know she's not. I know they won't believe it though. Grandpa's got in their heads and made lies up about Jaz and I'm the only person that knows she's good. Princess might know she's good too, that's why I'm talking to her. She can't talk back to me, that's the issue.

"Should I call her?" I asked, walking over to Princess with my arms out to pick her up. Her eyes lit up and her lips turned into a large smile once she saw me walking towards her. I scooped her up in my arms. "What should I do Princess? This is serious," I said, looking into her eyes which only made her laugh more. "I'm gonna take your laughing as a yes then baby girl."

I reached into my pocket and pulled my phone out of it so I can call Jaz and get everything I've been thinking off of my chest since I left her house a few hours ago. Jaz is my friend and I can't keep this from her. What I'm about to tell her might hurt her feelings but she deserves to know how I feel.

"Hey, I didn't think i'd ever hear from you again since you just ran out of my house," she answered. 

I sighed. "I know and that's what I gotta talk to you about."