ELEVATOR pt.2

Lauren was now walking on her way home and she was very excited to give Camila her gift. She hope that the brunette will like it even though it wasn't the most expensive one. But looking back at everything that Camila and her had been through this is the only thing that's been missing in their lives.

Lauren grew up in a family that strive hard in life. Lauren was smart enough to pass her grades with ease. Her father was a taxi driver and her mom was just staying at home. Lauren was taught to be responsible. In the summer before her senior year her dad had a stroke and became paralyze on hips down. He wasn't able to work so Lauren was the one who work for them and Lauren's mother can't work because she have a severe asthma. So, Lauren was the one who work and drove their taxi. When classes start, she study in morning then when the school hours ended, she work as a taxi driver until close to mid night. When she graduated high school she work at the condominium as an elevator operator and still a driver at night. She work both full time this time but when her brother graduate high school he took it upon himself and work, he suggested that he should be the one to drive their taxi and Lauren should apply for college. In the morning Lauren will work as an elevator operator while Chris's study then at night, Chris will drive their taxi while Lauren will study in a special college program.

Together, Lauren and Chris help their mother to sustain an average living.

It was different for Camila.

Camila had everything in life. She studied in premier schools and live in a mansion. Her fathers' family were all politicians while her mothers' family were all fashion designers but Camila had a different passion as she wanted to be writer.

One night, their family was invited by senator Martinez, his only son flirted all night to Camila but Camila didn't like him for his arrogance. But his a spoiled brat and gets what he likes. He talk to his senator dad and proposed to marry Camila. Her dad agreed immediately because they wanted to expand their family tradition on having someone in politics.

Camila didn't agree to any of the engagement, she pleaded to her father that she wasn't interested on the guy. She cried in front of her family but her father already made up his mind and agree upon it. And it will be a great advance also on his political ambitions. Camila turned on her mother for help but her mother sided to her father and thought that being married to a son of a senator will straighten her life and she could be something that is worth it in their family.

Despite all the luxury in life, Camila felt empty and detached to her family. She moved out in their own home when she was in college and lived in a condominium. Camila graduated major in arts and designing because her mother let her picked between being a politician or a designer; she quickly picked the path that she less dislike.

After the night in the elevator, Lauren and Camila became closer and Camila always invites Lauren in her apartment, some nights Lauren stays there and just talk to Camila.

Summer came and Lauren packed her belongings as she ready herself to go to Southern California. She was hired by a car company to be one of their mechanics. Lauren had vast knowledge with cars because she was also the one who fixed their taxi whenever it broke down before and she also graduated as a mechanical engineer. She was recommended highly by the university and was given a chance to with a company as soon as she graduate. Because the company were far from Miami, the company compromised to pay her rent just for her to agree and work for them.

Camila was very grateful that Lauren wanted her to come with her and Lauren also help her to look for job openings in there. Camila landed a job easily as an art designer in a book company. Although Camila's work experience were in her mother's company with designs in their own clothing line, Camila still knew how to design other stuff as she was taught in her college.