Luck or Fate

"Ally! Ally! Ally!" Lauren exclaimed as she run to their apartment and through Ally's bedroom. She jump on top of Ally and shook the girl on a Monday morning.

Ally groaned and sleepily push Lauren, "Lo, let me sleep more..." Ally groggily said.

"Ally wake up!!! We're rich!" Lauren said excitedly.

"Are you high?" Ally said still her eyes closed.

"NO!!! Ally look I'd won the lottery." The green eyed girl said as her fingers open one of Ally's eye and forcefully put the ticket in front of her.

Ally swat her hand as she sat up and snatch the ticket and newspaper from Lauren's hands to analyze it.

"Oh shit Lo.... You do!!" Ally said wide eyed.

"We're $50 MILLION RICHER!!!" Lauren said as she hugged Ally. They both jump on the bed in joy.

"Wait..." Ally said abruptly and holding Lauren's shoulder to calm her. "We need to verify it first on the lottery's office to get the money."

"Yeah sure!! Let's go!" Lauren said dragging Ally to the bathroom.

-=-=-

Lauren brought all her ID's to present to the office and she held the ticket securely, this will make or break their lives. Although, Lauren and Ally wasn't blood related their relation is more than a family. Lauren hadn't have a family ever since as she grew up in an orphanage and all the kids were adopted except for her, she thought that when parents knew about her condition they always change their minds of adopting her. Lauren learned to live alone and one night on her 14th birthday, she saw a sign in a restaurant that they're hiring a dish washer. Lauren immediately went inside and ask if they still needed it and she was disappointed to know that another girl had been hired, a year older than her but relatively smaller than Lauren. They locked eyes and the girl kind of understand that they both needed the job and requested to the owner if they could split the hours for both of them to be hired.

The chef and owner agreed and hired them both, since then Lauren and Ally became best of friends.

Ally had a great life before her parents' divorce, Ally was caught in between and she decide to be with her mother, as her father moved back to Mexico. Everything seemed fine until her mother remarried, Ally didn't like the guy as she and her mother always fought about it. When her mother became pregnant, her step father kicked her out of the house and insisted that she was just causing trouble and stress to her mother. When she became homeless she called her father if she could stay with him but then she found out that her father also got remarried and he told her that her new wife didn't knew that he had a family before, as soon as Ally heard that she knew she had no place to stay.

She asked a friend of her, if she could stay a couple of nights as she looked for work. Her friend's family gladly took her in until she could sustain a living by herself.

Now, after 6 years, she was renting a small apartment with her new best friend Lauren in Orlando, Florida. A few minutes earlier they're just a couple of young adult who didn't had anything in life but now they're both sitting in a very clean and elegant office waiting for the verification of Lauren's winning.

"So, congratulations!!!" Mr. Gerard said, the head officer of the lottery. "You won $50 million! How do you want to claim the prize, do you want check or do you want us to give you a savings account that you can claim there your money?" he asked smiling widely.

The two girls looked at each other almost crying right then and there. They hugged one another tightly, they knew that their lives will now change.