ELEVATOR pt.4

Lauren was about to get in the elevator when her phone rings, she pull out her phone and suddenly the ringing stops. She furrowed her eyebrows and saw Camila's name flash on the screen.

'Hmm, that's weird.' Lauren thought. Before her mind wonders off, her boss call her.

"Hey Lauren, are you ready?" Demi asked tapping her shoulder.

"Yeah, of course, I'm really excited about this. I'm hoping that I could really help your marketing managers." Lauren said and Demi nodded enthusiastically. "Of course, you would. There's one more I will tell you but let us finish this meeting first." Demi said as they both enter the elevator.

Lauren set up her laptop to the projector and ready her presentation while the empty seats begin to fill up. She check her phone one last time to see if Camila had called again but Lauren see none. She shrugged her shoulder and focus herself to the meeting first and decided to call Camila once the meeting is over.

After the three hours of extensive explanation and a lot of figures examining the meeting officially ended. Lauren already done with her presentation more than an hour but she was question and ask for opinion for the new engine that she design. She happily answered all the question and explain the pros and cons of the engine and the meeting was a success.

Lauren exited the room and pull out her phone again and call Camila as soon as she was outside the conference room. Lauren frowned when she heard Camila's voice mail, she sighed and put her phone back to her pocket.

"Lauren..." Demi called again.

"Hey... what's up?" Lauren replied smiling to her boss.

"You did great there... and Luke really was impressed and to be honest my father and Luke wanted you to come back inside to propose some project to you." Demi said and Lauren nodded to her and get back inside the room.

"Good afternoon sir..." Lauren greeted Demi's Father and Luke. The older man smile and gesture for her to sit down.

"Okay, I'll be straight forward to you. I'm very impressed, Luke and Frank were also impressed on your design and knowledge. I can feel that you really were passionate about your work. And Demi really have good recommendations for you and I also look at your records in here. And I don't see any hindrance that you shouldn't be promoted. Frank is the president of our branch in Italy and he's in need of a very competitive and knowledgeable engineer." Mr. Lovato said seriously as he paused to look at Lauren's slightly shock expression.

"Uhm, I'm very happy and flattered to be honest. Wow, thank you for really recognizing my hard work. I'm really doing my best at every opportunity." Lauren said and the old man nodded.

"I'm expecting that you're accepting the vacant position in Italy and be their chief engineer."

Lauren's mouth hang opened, "Oh my..." Lauren started but she became speechless.

"I'm expecting you to report to Frank's office next Monday." Mr. Lovato said as he shook Lauren's hand.

"I didn't expect this, oh my God..." Lauren was overwhelmed by the situation.

"See you at my office and I'm really looking forward working with you." Frank said as he shook Lauren's hand too. Lauren returned the gesture even though it's not sinking all too well to her.

"Congratulations..." Mr. Lovato said and Lauren nodded happily. They all stood up and Lauren and the big boss's was about to split ways when Mr. Lovato spoke again. "Congratulations Lauren..."