TRY AGAIN

"Are you okay?" Dinah asked her friend.

Camila opened her eyes and saw a worried face from Dinah at the mirror that she'd been facing along in the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Camila responded with sadness.

"I don't think you're okay, or alright, is that what you said. You can choose to fall out from this interview if you can't handle seeing her again." Dinah said as she approached her best friend.

Dinah leaned back at the bathroom counter and face Camila. "It's not about that, probably I'm just nervous about my first interview." Camila tried to reason out.

"Girl, you can't lie to me. I know it's about her." Dinah sighed as she looked at her best friend. Disappointment and loneliness in her eyes. "Just stay here, I'll just tell Robert that you're not feeling well."

"Dinah... please don't. I can do this." Camila pleaded, she didn't want her boss to think that she's not worth on her promotion.

"I don't know Mila, you look... horrible..." Dinah said mockingly and Camila smiled. Camila knew that Dinah just wants to cheer her up.

"Tell me the truth Mila... are you scared to see her again?" Dinah asked and Camila sighed as she looked back at the mirror. She looked at herself and tried to ask herself internally.

"Hi baby..." Lauren said as she wrapped her arms around Camila's small waist. She kissed the side of her neck and inhaled Camila's scent.

"Good morning to you too." Camila said giggling while she close her locker.

"I'm sorry I didn't pick you up earlier, coach wants to talk to me at Godly hours." Lauren said shyly.

"It's okay, my dad drove me here." Camila responded as she melted to Lauren's embrace. "Why did he want to talk about?"

"He just reminded me to give my best because there'll be scouts on our game in Friday." Lauren explained.

"Mhmm... you don't need a reminder. You always do give your all." Camila said and Lauren smiled.

"You're really the best girlfriend." Lauren whispered in her ear. "Will you watch on Friday?"

"I wouldn't miss it, because I knew that my baby will be the best player on the court." Camila said as she intertwined their fingers and Lauren held her tighter.

"Mmgghhh...." Dinah exaggeratedly cleared her throat to get the attention of the love birds.

"What do you want Dinah?" Lauren said as she rolled her eyes.

"Can the two of you have some decency, this is a public high school hall way. Not lovers hall way." Dinah said as she opened her locker.

"You're just envious. Bitter and single." Lauren pointed out as she released her girlfriend.

"Excuse me... I'm not bitter!" Dinah said as her head snapped quickly to look at Lauren who wore a smug smile.

"See... bitter...." Lauren said as she cross her arms and stood up squarely at Dinah.

Dinah furrowed her eyebrow and already getting ready to poly beat down Lauren. She quickly step forward but Camila anticipates her and stood up between her and Lauren.

"Mila, get the hell away from her. I will just teach this little shit who's bitter." Dinah said irritatingly.

"Dinah... please, calm down, Lauren's only joking." Camila tried to appease her best friend.