Six

The smell of slowly drying paint seeped through the house and surrounded me, usually I'd hate this but there was something somewhat satisfying about it. Maybe it was because of the cool colours and fresh look or maybe it was because the wall I had just painted was part of my new home. A house I helped purchase with my boyfriend.

Lifes going good for me, I have a wonderful boyfriend and we have a beautiful house. I passed my exams and got a job at a high school a few blocks away, I teach history to the grade 10-12 and math for grade 12 only. I have an adorable perfect cliche life, something I've been dreaming of since I understood what a white-picket lifestyle is.

"Can you believe it babe? We have a house" I said amazed and stared up at my flawless Xander. "I kinda can since we are sitting on the floor of our new living room" he chuckled wrapping an arm around me.

"What's going to happen next?" I asked cuddling into him. "Well since you did get that job at St Andrews we'll celebrate and in a while if all goes well we'll get married and fill up those other rooms, that is of course if you still want to."

"Of course I want to" I beamed kissing him. The kiss was so soft, nothing like what we usually do so I had to go in for more. Pretty soon we were making out on the floor trying to get our clothes off but we were rudely interrupted by the door bell. I kept trying to kiss him though. "I really want to continue this angel, but we have visitors" he chuckled against my lips. "Later then?" I asked pouting like a child. "Yeah, I promise" he smiled giving me peck before getting up, finding his shirt and walking to the front door.

"Hello! I'm Miss Streud, I'm your new neighbour" a perky women holding a pie chirped. "Hi, I'm Xander Talisker" he beamed. "Do you, uh, live here alone?" Oh hell no, hoe is trying to make a move on my man.

"Babe?" I shouted louder than needed "who's at the door?" I jogged towards them and wrapped an arm around Xanders waist "hi new neighbour! I'm Caspiry, Xanders BOYFRIEND" I smiled. "Oh-hello" she smiled awkwardly "my son baked a pie for you guys, hope you enjoy it."

"Thank you" Xander smiled taking the pie and walking from the door. "Nice to meet you" I beamed closing the door. "What the fuck was that?" Xander laughed when he saw me sucking my teeth and glaring out the window. "I have no idea, hoe, who does she think she is trying to score with my boyfriend."

"That's not what I meant and you know it Casp" he rolled his eyes. "I did nothing but provide her with information that saved her life. "How would it save her life, enlighten me babe" he had this goofy smile meaning he's going to break out laughter soon. "Because if she tried to make a pass at you I'd end her sad little life" I mumbled frowning. "Too adorable for my life" he said laughing his head off "you couldn't hurt a fly even if you're life depended on it."

"You're very mean" I pouted. "Aw I'm sorry" he chuckled walking towards me with open arms. "Don't hug meaners" I said crossing my arms and walking away. The door bell rang again and this time I answered. "Hey neighbour" my friend Ella smiled.

"El!" I shrieked launching at her to hug her. "Cas!" she shrieked back. "What're you doing here?" I asked. "Visiting my dad, where's my teddy bear?" she asked peeking into the house. "He's in the kitchen stuffing his face with the hoe next doors pie" I seethed. "Excuse me?" she asked wide eyed "where is the little bitch?" she rushed into the house screaming Xanders name. "Yes?" he yelled back. "You're fucking disgusting and you'll fucking burn in hell you little bitch!" she yelled slapping the piece of pie out of his mouth.

"Why'd ya do that?" he asked stunned. "Wait, whats that smell?"

"Pie, want some? The lady next door made it" Xander frowned rubbing his cheek. "Oh... that's what Casp meant... where's the cutlery?" she asked. "In the box in the corner label 'may the forks be with you'" I said jumping onto the counter and scooting over to sit next to Xander. "Did Xander label the boxes?"

"Duh, no one else is that lame" I teased. "I'm definitely not the mean one in our relationship" he said plainly. "No you are" Ella giggled standing next to Xander for some pie. "How am I the mean one?" he asked holding the fork in front of my mouth, offering me some. I hate to admit it but it was pretty darn good pie... "Because you're old, old people are grumpy" Ella explained putting down the fork and walking out. "I'm not old, I'm not even 30 yet" he frowned.

The age difference thing really bothered him because he was 6 years older and that's is quite a gap but I didn't really care. "You're turning 28 soon and Casp just turned 22, 22 is the young, he should be off mating with every second man that looks at him. Bye love birds, thanks for the pie" she shouted before slamming the door.

"She's right ya know" he uttered folding his arms over his chest. "No she's not, she's just joking babe."

"But I'm 30 in two short years an-"

"Xander. Stop" I said forcefully before grabbing his face and bringing it close to mine. "I love you okay, we're perfect for each other" I said planting light kisses on his lips "I only want to be with you." "You're so cute" he chuckled kissing me roughly. "Am I?" I giggled rubbing the tip of my nose against his.

"Yup, I could just eat you up" he laughed. "Promises, promises" I winked smiling mischievously.

We spent the day getting comfortable in the house if ya get what I mean. I'm currently in the kitchen making some dinner for us with happy music in the background. Xander is 'unpacking' in the living room meaning he's sitting on the couch watching TV with a box in front of him.

I threw a roll at him snapping him out of his trance. "Babe, could you actually get something done?" I asked sweetly as I danced around the kitchen. I loved days like these, where everything is calm and fun. I looked at the man in the living room watching TV with a vase in his hand. God I love him. I loved everything about him and how perfect those things fitted in with me. I loved how his shirts hung by my knees when I wore them and I loved how they sat perfectly on him. I loved how his arms were big and strong but still comfortable enough for me to fall asleep on...the list of how perfect he is to me is endless.

"Whatcha lookin' at four-eyes?" he teased getting up from the couch and placing the vase on the counter in the kitchen. "You, meat-head" I giggled checking on the pot on the stove. "Oh so I'm a meat-head now?" he asked putting his arms around me. "Always were. Always will be" I tease turning in his arms and holding onto his biceps. We looked at each other smiling for a while, as if taking in all the little details. "I love you" he whispers leaning down. "Love you more than you could ever imagine" I smile standing on my tippy toes to meet his lips.

"Angel, I found a couple of pictures that were lying around in one of the boxes I was unpacking, I thought we could go through them together?" he asked.

"I'd love to do that Xan." I smiled half scared of looking at those pictures

A trip down Memory Lane awaits, great.