Forty one

"There!" I exclaimed "Zoom in on that guy."

"I'm sorry sir, I can't get a clear picture. I think he knew about the camera. He keeps his back turned."

"What about the number plate?"

The security guard sighed, "he put something in front of it, probably cling film because it's glossy."

"We need to get him" I stressed "my little boy, a child who put his life in my hands has been harmed by this monster" And I couldn't protect him.

Now that beast of a man is out there hurting other kids and my son will have no justice. None of us will rest knowing this is going to continue and could possibly happen again.

"I'm sorry sir."

I was becoming worse and worse at my job of being the protector of my family. My son was almost trafficked while I was in a meeting talking about expanding one of our branches. Luckily my boy's a fighter, unfortunately so was that monster. My boy's a soldier. He's strong, proud and will carry on because that's just how he is.

I have a love hate relationship with his strength. I'm proud but I hate that he had to go through so much vile experiences to be this strong. I know I can't protect my family from everything but I wish I could've been there for this part.

But where was I? In a meeting with my phone off so even if he had called me I wouldn't have answered. What was I thinking? I can't afford to expand right now. That'd mean more time at work and less with the family for a few months. And Christmas is coming up in a few weeks, knowing my office things would be such a mess, I'd have millions of documents and plans to sign off on and end up not being there entirely for my children's first Christmas. On top of that it's Caspiry's birthday shortly. I need to get my act in order.

Caspiry.

In a few short months Caspiry would give birth. I can barely take care of my family as it is. How will I manage another?

Of course my husband will help me but I'd like to think I could do my part and at the moment I don't think I am.

I drove around aimlessly for a while, contemplating where to go. I could go home but I don't think I was ready. I wasn't ready to see Wil shake uncontrollably, it hurts too much. I wasn't ready to see Casp try to be strong and keep things inside or see Jamie be confused by all of this. I sure as hell wasn't ready to see it all happen at once.

I needed to be strong so Caspiry has an outlet for his problems, so Wil feels safe and so that Jay can grow up the little princess she is in an environment where everyone is happy and safe. She needs to know that everything is okay with her Papa around.

I could go to the bar but I know that's not good. Alcohol and vulnerability don't mix well. Ever.

Going to see someone wouldn't feel right either because I should be with my family. But I needed to do something.

So I drove to the church and decided God is the only one who I could vent to who wouldn't tell all my secrets or judge me. He wouldn't give me advice either but I wanted it that way. This is something I need to figure out on my own.

But before that I needed to make a swing by the doctors office, the mall then back to the office.

"Hello?" I yelled into the house "where is everyone?"

"Bed!" was shouted to me by three little voices.

I made my way up the stairs and into my bedroom. My boys and my princess were just sitting on the bed in a circle in their pj's.

"What are my babies up to?" I asked my husband before leaning down to give him a kiss then making my rounds of forehead kisses.

"Gossip" Jay said simply and shortly beaming at me before stand on wobbly legs with arms stretched out for me to pick her up.

"You're too young for that" I tsk'ed in my baby voice.

"No" she fought. The older she gets the more smart that mouth of her gets. I missed when she just used to cuddle me and agree with everything I said. I miss when my words were law. Now she knows of her powers, my weaknesses and uses it for evil.

"That's quite a fight for a one year old."

"An' half."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "I never gave you permission to get older."

"We've you been all day?" Casp asked in a worried tone.

"Just you know... out."

"Xan-" he started with his eyes narrowed in my direction.

"I didn't do anything bad mom" I teased rolling my eyes "I just can't tell you."

"Well why no-"

"Can you tell me Cap?" Wil asked struggling to get his words out without a stutter that he's recently developed. I shook my head. He held out his hands for his little sister and I quickly handed her over. She helped him cope.

"Are you cheating on us?" Caspiry asked making me groan and roll my eyes.

"No, not even if Beyonce begged me to give you guys up and raise her babies with her in that fabulous castle of a house."

"What if it was Prince Harry?" Casp smirked knowingly crawling to me and placing his hands on my shoulders when he was on his knees and his baby bump kissed my stomach.

"Of course not baby" I said sincerely. "Eyes and ears Private" I quickly said. He nodded, dropped down on the bed and covered his face with a pillow leaving his sister on his stomach. She playfully drummed away on the pillow oblivious to us. Wil's learnt to not listen or watch us when I say this. Eyes and ears means cover up and stop listening. "Besides," I started with my hands on his back as they slowly moved down "I don't think he bottoms, neither do I and even if he did his ass is not nearly as juicy. I smirked and grabbed a handful of my man who turned bright red.

"You're mine tonight" He breathed out huskily.

"Eww, we're moving in with Grandma" Wil shrieked moving out of the room with his sister in tow.

"It's your own fault for looking!" I yelled after him.

"You should know better-"

"You should to!"

"Well what did I do?" Caspiry asked looking offended.

"You should know to not get all dressed up and look all irresistible-"

"Xan I'm wearing sweat pants, socks that don't match, a shirt stained by baby vomit and I haven't brushed my hair in three days" he deadpanned.

"But you're somehow still more breathtaking than a kick in the nuts."