Twenty

Please read to the end for a "surprise"

"Papa!" a voice shrieked waking me up from my peaceful sleep. The voice called out again but more urgent which really worried me because that was my baby, Jamie calling. I shot up and looked around to see the little blonde haired big-blue-eyed one year sitting on the floor in her pink pjs with little hearts on.

"Morning sunshine" I chuckled as she pouted down at the floor. A smile quickly grew on her face when she heard my voice though. "Papa!" she smiled getting up with help of the bedside table. I smiled down at her and picked her up to put her down next to me. She giggled and looked at me so adoringlye. I smile wrapping my arms around her small frame and kiss her rosy cheeks. "How are you today?" I ask amused at the playful glint in her eyes. She just nodded enthusiactically.

"Words baby" I say encouragingly.

She took a moment and played with the sheets. "Good." she settled on looking satisfied.

"Papa is so happy now that he's seen you and your pretty smile" I coo making her giggle. "And to make things better, this is a very important day, do you know what day it is sunshine?" I asked her as she continued to pull at the sheets.

"No."

"It's your birthday baby, you're becoming a big girl now" I say happily, secretly not very happy at all because this means she's 17 years away from being 18 which means university which means her leaving me. "No" she said prompty again.

"Where's Daddy?" I ask getting up and stretching. She crawled to the edge of the bed and stood up with her arms open wide. I picked her up and rested her on my hip. "Where's Daddy, Jamie?"

"Kickin'" she struggles, she means kitchen though so I headed there. "It's kitchen princess... c'mon say it with me" I encourage making sure I have her full attention. "Kit-chen" I say slowly with her repeating. "Well done princess" I say bouncing her as we enter the kitchen.

"Kitchen Cat-pee!" she shouts happily when at her daddy when we stood right behind him making him jump a little. He turned around smiling. "Hello again sunshine, did Papa teach you that?" he asked rubbing his nose against hers making her giggle and bury her face in my bare chest.

"Morning angel, happy your daughters growing up too fast day" I smile planting a kiss on his soft lips. He kissed back making me groan.

"Thank you baby but this is your daughter too" he smiles then turns his attention back to the breakfast "did you sleep well?"

"Yes but the bed was a little lonely when I woke up" I say putting Jamie on the floor to explore.

"Sorry, I woke up a bit earlier than usual to mark a few papers."

"It's okay, as long as you make it up to me later" I tease kissing his shoulder and wrapping my arms around him. "Oh I will" he laughs leaning into me. "Do me a favour? Get the milk and juice out of the fridge? Breakfast is almost down."

"Sure thing" I say heading to our built in fridge. After pouring a sippy cup with a bit of water for my princess and a glass of juice for my husband I added milk to my strong black coffee.

Jamie sat on my lap and mumbled baby words to me which I pretended to be very interested in until Casp came in with three plates on a tray. Scrambled eggs and some plain yoghurt which I knew I would be cleaning up from the floor very soon. I wanted to move her into her high chair but she screeched in protest making me sit down again with her still in my lap

"She's been a papa's girl from day one" Casp laughed running his fingers through her hair. "Jealous?" I tease.

"Maybe" he pouted. "Eat fast, you haven't bought all her presents yet" he said seriously, taking all the fun out of breakfast.

Caspiry

"You excited to see grandpa and grandma?" I asks sweetly. "Yes Cat-pee" she huffs out smiling. She calls me Cat-pee, not daddy or dad or anything. Cat-pee. That's as close to Caspiry as she can get. Cas-per-ee turns to Cat-pee.

"I like gra-pa, he's nice...and gra-ma! She gives me sweeties."

"Yes way too many sweeties" I laugh hugging her tightly. I love this kid too much. She giggled and rested against me with her mouth open wide showing me that she wanted to be fed. I was slightly torn between feeding her and finishing my half eaten breakfast, Xan luckily already left to get her presents. I shrug and brought her plate closer and picked up her pink, bright plastic fork to feed her. She chewed slowly so it gave me time to finish my breakfast as well.

After we ate, bathed and got dressed we headed to some or other restaurant where we would meet Xan and the other party-goers. She slept in the car meaning she'd be wide awake when we get their, ready to entertain all her people who would gush over how pretty she looked in her little yellow and white dress.

"I wonder what he's going to be like on the first day of school... her first date.. and then high school... prom... college oh god he'll die when she has to go off and then she'll bring a significant other home...they'll get married. RIP Papa-bear" my father said to me as we sat watching Xan protectively watch over Jamie as she played with Mel and Marvin. I laughed thinking about how horrible those will be for Xander. "I know it was my own personal hell watching you go out into the world, luckily it was just you. I didn't have to live through that pain more than once" my dad sighs putting his arm around me "child you will never understand how many times I felt I was going to have a heart attack because of you."

I laughed at my dad, "this'll be horrible for Xander because it seems he might have to live through all those things more than once" I whispered putting a hand on my flat-for-now stomach. It was real, I took a test and I haven't had my period in two months.

I was pregnant, now all I had to do was tell Xander.