Forty Five

"It's fine babe, I got him" Xan huffed getting up from what I'm sure was a dead deep sleep and walking to the noise cot across from our bed.

"But whose got the other one" I whine rolling into the covers of my bed. I miss my sleep but my baby sounds like he's in pain.

When I heard the microwave start to sing along with the babies cries I knew I had to get up. We had put our microwave in our bedroom to avoid one of us- Xander- from falling down the stairs when fetching a bottle for our babies when half asleep.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of our finer ideas.

That and having Jamie sleep in Wil's bed with him because she needed a good nights rest and two screaming babies would not help with that. Luckily with Wil's room at the other end of the hallway and thanks to the magic of closed doors the stomach churning shrieks of pain won't bother them too much.

Though Xander put up a big fight about it, we agreed that it would be best if we hired someone to come fix up Jay's room but thanks to it almost being New Year we'd  have to wait forever for that and pay a ridiculous amount of money.

However, we're going to need a lot more room now that we have twin boys. I have a solution for it but I don't know how willing Xander is to go through with it.

Since the boys are still young and will need constant attention for the next six to eight months we have a lot of time to renovate the attic of our house and maybe turn it into a room for Wil and when he decides to move out in a couple of years it could be anything from a study to a play room.

This house, it seems, is going to have a lot of tiny busy bodies roaming around it and that excited me to no end. However right now I didn't have time to think about the future, I had to get up and soothe my poor babe.

The cold tried to make me curl in pain when it touched my stitches as I carefully got out of bed but I was tired. Demons could knock on my door, slowly feast on my skin as they drive me to hell on a chair made of lego block edges and make tiny cuts all over my fingers before pouring lemon juice on them and I would not be phased.

In fact, demons do not want to mess with me right now. I'm hormonal, sleep deprived, horny and constantly hungry but none of that matters because I need to make sure the rest of the world doesn't fall apart. I'm a dad on a mission to make sure my babies are happy and well fed.

I quickly strode over to my little Haven and tried my hardest to cuddle him to a quiet as I waited for Xander to finish with Cova's bottle. I rolled my eyes. Of course Xander is holding Cova. Cova clings to him like white on rice... or like Wil to Evan.

Xander teases me saying Cove is just like me. A cute small twink looking for a big strong jock or muscle daddy.

Highly upsetting because I always thought of myself as a young otter with less muscle and less hair... which when I think about it is a twink.

How devastating.

We'd only been home with the boys for a week and what a week it's been. But despite the craziness and completely different setting due to our new, welcomed, members of the family I'm glad we're home later rather than sooner- even though we spent Christmas at the hospital.

Twins are usually born prematurely but these two were extra premature and therefore had to spend much longer than usual in ICU. But it's okay, in fact it's perfect. It gave Xan a small bit of time to make sure the house was somewhat ready and it allowed for us to make completely sure our boys were safe and healthy. It also gave us a chance to experience Christmas at the ICU.

I was just glad Xander bought more than enough boys clothing. However I am horribly upset that not everything matches.

Yup. I'm going to be one of those dads with twins. MATCHING EVERYTHINGS.

Judge me. I would too.

I felt horrible though, due to the fact that we had twins we weren't nearly as prepared as we should've been which means lately we've been a little negligent of our other two kids.

I looked at little Haven, sneaky bastard. Had to hide his brother in every ultrasound and then push him out into the world first to make sure everything was safe for him but not before he stole all the goddamned nutrients I put in my body for them both. My baby was chubby. Real chubby. Chubby to the point where his cheeks look a bit too heavy for him. And as his wails turned into a light hum of discomfort I couldn't help but get lost in how precious he is. He looks just perfect. I could see Xander's green eyes peak at me through Haven's puffy watery eyelids.

Both of my boys had their fathers green eyes and they hold the same sparkling potential as he does.

Xander eventually started to feed Cove and he was once again quiet. A strange mood settled in the room as Xan and I held and rocked our babies. We looked up at each other momentarily, there was no expression, no words, no emotion just understanding. We both knew how vital and difficult this was going to be.

This was going to be our lives for the next few months and it was something we were going to have to learn anew. We hadn't adopted Jamie straight from the womb, we'd never taken a new born baby home, much less twins.

As the night turned into morning and the babies slowly fell asleep and we could finally do the same. We would have too if not for all the cleaning we had to do. It wasn't very smart for us both to be awake at the same time but we figured many hands make light work.

Only when we got downstairs everything was fine. There was no empty baby bottles lying on the various tables of the house. No dirty, baby fluid stained clothing lying in the direction of the wash room. No dirty plates with half finished food and it didn't smell like baby vomit for the first time in days. There was washing hanging on the line, the stove cooking flapjacks and Jay was at the dining room table fully dressed and happily eating what I assume was oatmeal.

"Hello sunshine" I whispered kissing my daughters temple, in return she smiled and waved at me before signalling that she wanted me to pick her up. From one baby to the next.

"Morning Momma, morning Cap" Wil hummed appearing from the behind us and casually heading over to the stove to give his flapjack a flip.

"Did you do all this pop?" I asked amazed.

"No the magical fairy did Momma" he teased rolling his eyes then turned to focus on his cooking. I could feel tension build up inside Xander who was standing next to me and when I turned I saw that his entire face had gone red and he held a wobbly smile.

"What?" I mouthed. He pulled me out of the dinning room and into the living room before exploding in laughter.

"What Xan?" I asked again.

"Gay... Fairy... magic..." Xander let out through his laughter making me frown. "He's gay but he's not just a fairy Casp, he's a magical fairy" Xan said breaking his laughter just enough to muster out the words.

Boys are idiots and I just had two more. I'm screwed.

Hey guys, I'm thinking this is might just be the end of the road for us. But I'll upload an epilogue if this is indeed the end and if you guys have any requests for a bonus chapter feel free to drop a comment. Hope you enjoyed it. Loved the support and every comment

xxx

*whispers* those aren't kisses, they're just me trying to say xxxtentacion then stopping bc I can't deal.