Twenty one

Jamie is definitely a little girl from the twenty first century and Xander was definitely wrapped around her little finger. This became more evident as the hours past by. Here I was, in a baby store watching my husband holding our sleepy daughter as she pointed to certain designs for her customized baby carrier.

This was the third carrier they were designing and I had no say because both my husband and daughter would shush me and lay their fingers on my lips to make sure not another peep would come from me.

We now have a pokeball themed carrier (for Xander's benefit, I honestly am okay with that one because that means I can dress Jamie like Pikachu more often and she looks adorable with her little Pikachu hat on), a random cute fluffy thing that looks like the a bunny and holo had a baby... an ugly baby. Then lastly we're making a frozen themed baby carrier because my husband is a sucker and my daughter wants to be an ice queen.

One day I'll break the news to her that her father ,Xander , is already lowkey the ice queen but for now I'll let her play pretend.

The man is a diva when he has to be, it's such great fun watching him sass moms at the park because of how they dress themselves and their kids. Honestly I think the last thing you'd expect from a big man like him is him telling you something like "awww, your daughters so cute, I hope she grow up to be nothing like you or at least has a better fashion sense" before walking away with his one year old daughter who is going to a park with a pink feather boa, white flyaway sunglasses and red lipstick.

What one year old owns a Chanel handbag for her crayons?

This is the life I live now.

I figure this is a good time to break the news to him about the next baby because... I don't know? Maybe he'll scream and pass out and that'd be interesting?

I do think he should know by now though because my moods and morning sickness is just so horrible, I should warn him before it gets worse. I barely feel like myself and I hate it. Not because I feel sick all the time but because I feel bad about the way I treat him. After a long day of work he really does deserve some sympathy instead of me crying or being moody for seemingly no reason. He should also get his sleep in the mornings, my vomiting wakes him and he really needs all the rest he can get.

I don't understand how he knows I feel sick sometimes though. I slide out of bed like a ninja, tiptoe out like a burglar (one who cannot keep their bodily fluids inside themself) and go all the way to the bathroom downstairs and yet before I finish he's still there patting my back, carrying me upstairs, helping me brush my teeth then helping me shower and get ready.

I slowly walked over to my husband who was putting our sleepy little princess into her stroller with her pacifier that she refuses to let go of. 

"Xan?" I drag out trying my best to look adorable.

"Yes baby?" he said in his baby voice while taking out his wallet to pay for his baby carriers but I stopped him, putting my hand on his and pulling him closer to make sure I had his full attention.

"Maybe we could get matching baby carriers?"

"Um, why would we need that?" he asked trying to turn away from me to pay the unhappy lady behind the counter.

"Guess" I said cutely before biting my lip.

"More options for outfits?"

"No Xan, because we'll be carrying two babies when we go out" I said hoping he'd understand

"But we only have one child babe." He didn't understand but the unhappy lady behind the counter and the many ladies behind us in the line did which meant we were surrounded by squeals.

"Yes but we're going to have another" I hint again.

He laughed and started to pay "no we're not, you're not pregnant and we're not adopting... you'd tell me if you were."

I grabbed his face, bring it close to mine so that our noses were touching and we were staring each other in the eye "babe, this is me telling you I'm pregnant." and in that moment his small mind exploded.

He then screamed the information out to the entire store, hugged me then we made everyone uncomfortable with our very long kiss.

We left the store with very big smiles, an order for six baby carriers and plans to spend the next few weekends preparing for the next nine months.

"This explains your thundering down the stairs every morning only to scream while vomiting" he said once we were in the car and driving home.

"Hey, I'm quiet! I'm like a ninja in the mornings" I said with a frown growing on my face which only made him laugh uncontrollably until we entered our small neighbourhood.

After his little giggle attack he frowned as soon as a bright red car zoomed past us nearly causing a massive accident with the person in front of us. The cars nearly collided but just missed each other. Xan slowed down when he saw the two cars pull over, he nearly came to a dead stop when he saw Miss Streud, the neighbour who tried to hit on him when we moved in, and both Misses Carsons, the pregnant and not pregnant lesbian couple who lived in the beige house near by, get out of their cars.

Horrible words were exchanged and I saw Miss Streud push Jenna, the pregnant Miss Carson, which made me shudder and put my hand on my stomach when I saw the small lady with a very big baby bump stumble backwards only to be caught by her wife.

Xander must have seen this out of his rear view mirror because the car stopped and was put into reverse. We went back to the sight and Xan was out of the jeep in a flash. To make sure he didn't do anything stupid, I followed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He shouted at Miss Streud who was not happy to see him and even less happy to see me.

"Great. More homosexuals. It's like I attract you little demons of the hell fire." I looked at her and saw a cross hanging on her neck and I felt sick to my stomach.

Xander and I were christians but we didn't treat people like this. Some of our friends were christian, the most God loving people ever and they accept us.

Why must she be like this? We aren't doing harm to her, if anything she is doing the harm.

"Listen lady, you can't be driving around like that firstly. Not in this neighbourhood, there are little kids who are constantly playing out here! Losing a child to a lunatic driver isn't something I want going on in this neighbourhood and so help me I will make damn sure they're safe from you and your driving!" Xander ranted, his face was red and his knuckles were almost as pale as Miss Carsons face "And who do you think you are pushing a pregnant lady? She could've lost her baby-"

"She doesn't deserve it! She's living a sinful life and doesn't deserve such a precious gift, she will only poison it" Streud interupted. This made Xander mad.

"Who are you to judge? Miss Carson is one of the most loving and generous people I know, she wouldn't hurt a fly. How dare you say she doesn't deserve happiness after all she does?"

"She's living in sin. All four of you! It's disgusting."

Xan was about to say more but I grabbed his arm and made him look at me. I simply shook my head.

He looked like he had more to say but I stopped him "she's not worth it."

The Carsons looked grateful, simply got in their car and left with a silent thank you. Xan and I walked back to the Jeep hearing Streud throw empty threats at us.

Empty threats, by a sad women, that's all it was.

Right?