Twenty nine

"So, there's this boarding school that he can go to for a few months that'll help him catch up with the work he missed out on-"

"No Xan" I deadpanned and turned my head away from him not wanting to hear the rest. Wilan thinks were going to abandon him, this will definitely feel like he's being thrown away. Besides I got used to having another person in the house. Though it's only been a week I feel like nothing was ever taken from me.

"Let me finish!" he let out tiredly, he leaned forward on the bench and held his head in his hands "I'm not getting rid of him, I'm trying to get him into a school so that he can go to high school and eventually college or university-"

"Really?" I asked folding my arms across my chest and peering over at him.

"Yes, really."

"Awww, that's so cute. I married the cutest guy in the whole world" I screamed throwing my arms around him.

"Ahh yes, cute. What every guy aspires to be. Ugly but fuckable" he mumbled into his hand.

He peaked at me from the corner of his eye only to roll them. He sighed and sat up straight with me still attached to him. "So the way this works in every weekend he comes home with us and if he wants he can come by the house whenever during the week as long as he's back by five for their afternoon classes, followed by supper and bed time" he explained. "It's really not a bad place and it'll be for three months tops. I'll show you their program when we get home and if you like it then we can show him, but it is an option. He doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to."

We both looked at Wilan and Jaime who were lying in the grass looking up at the clouds. They seemed beyond happy and I hoped more than ever that they truly were and always would be.

I looked at Wilan and saw so much potential, so much hope. "Maybe, he'll become a doctor? Or an actor? Or a painter? Or God alone knows what-"

"How about we find out from him what he wants and just support him with that. I mean I'm sure he'll be successful no matter what but I feel like he should get a basic education and do the high school thing or art school or something like that."

I watched my family from the doorway of Wilan's room, Xan was desperately trying to tame Wil's messy style he managed to adopt and perfect in a few days and my little ray of sunshine was playing with her fathers phone.

When I look at them the slight ache in my abdomen seems to disappear and the hole in my heart that Fiona left doesn't haunt me. No doubt I will forever be sad about this but I have this strong feeling that maybe she was too precious to be ours or even the worlds and maybe just maybe she brought Wilan to us. Maybe she knew that we needed him and he needed us. 

"Xan, please stop tugging at my child's head. It's hopeless and we need to leave soon" I say walking into the room and putting my one hand on his arm and trying to pry the comb out of his other hand.

Xan and Wil looked at me in surprise, both letting out a loud "You're child?" Wilan's was one out of complete shock whilst Xan's sounded like it held disgust. Which, I could see, scared Wilan beyond belief.

"Yes my child" I said taking a step closer to him so we were standing chest to chest.

"Excuse me Mr Talisker but I think you mean our child" Xan said stabbing me in the chest with his finger.

"Oh really?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

"Yeah, really. But I don't need to have this fight with you because we both know both kids like me more" he smirked. A loud "yes" came from Jamie and a gruff "no" from Wil making Xan throw a small fit.