Twenty two

I was three months into pregnancy and going strong. Only a few more weeks and we can find out the gender of our little miracle and I couldn't be more excited.

I thought I'd freak out and cry again like I did when I found out I could get pregnant but I was totally fine. I could've sworn Xander was the pregnant one the way he's worrying.

He took my car keys from me, making sure I don't drive with Streud out on the loose. He put it on the top shelf of the pantry in the kitchen, an empty shelf because I can't reach it even after using the step ladder. So now we all use one car and a back route to drop Jamie off at day care then drop me off at school and finally him at work. Since our working hours are different my mom picks up Jamie from day care then Trey picks me up after school, fetches Jamie from my moms place, takes the back route to my house where he then stays with me until Xander gets home because I am apparently helpless now that I am pregnant. I would be lying though if I said that the sound of Streud zooming up and down the road like a mad woman didn't scare me.

Right now I'm sitting on the couch, with my little ray of sunshine lying on my lap watching her shows. We were waiting for Trey to pick us up so we could head to a dinner party at one of Xander's partners place. Trey is coming because I need someone to drive me because Xan is going straight from the office to the venue to discuss work. I found myself lost in my little girls beauty, one years old and so stunning. From her radiant blonde locks, to her bright blue eyes, her button nose, her rose lips and cheeks... she was stunning and I was in awe of her and all the potential she has. Behind that pretty face was a strong mind, I could tell. Something within me screamed that she was going to change the world, she already changed mine simply by existing.

I was pulled from my thoughts when my phone started to buzz like crazy. It was a message from Trey saying he was going to be an hour or so late because auditions are running longer than expected and traffic is horrible shortly followed by an incoming video call from my Xan.

"Hey baby" I cooed. I looked at the screen and examined my husband. He was overworked and stressed beyond belief.

"Hey angel" he huffed back quickly rushing down the hallway, through a doorway and into what I assumed was his office. He asked me a bunch of questions as he walked to his little blue couch and fell onto it. "-hey, why are you still home?" By the time he finished his sentence Jamie had re-positioned herself to look at her handsome papa with her bright eyes.

"Trey said he's going to be a bit late but I figured it'd be fine because you'd get carried away with work and won't even realise I'm not there" I teased.

He rolled his eyes at me "I always know when you're not around. My side is always so cold without you stuck to it and my hand just doesn't feel right if it's not holding yours. It's forever disfigured to accommodate your hand."

I tried not to smile too hard at his words. "Babe," Xan said suddenly remembering something "please ask Trey to pick up a my suit from the dry cleaners up the road on the way over, my good tie is in there and I was hoping to wear it tonight."

"Will do babe" I told him, knowing Trey wouldn't be in time to get the dry cleaners open. I figured I'd just do it. He seemed stressed so I'd let him have this little win (wearing his favourite tie).

We spoke for a while longer and then I found myself standing on the kitchen counter reaching for my keys.

Trey wouldn't find out and neither would Xan.

What's the worst that could happen?

I buckled Jamie up and carefully drove up the road to the dry cleaners. Everything was great until I saw Streud, once again on the side of the road arguing with a police officer about her driving.

I drove by swiftly, feeling her eye's dig into the side of my face. I ignored her. I couldn't risk peaking at her because I was scared of what she'd do and say to me.

On the way back the police officer wasn't there but she was. It was like she was waiting for me. I felt her eyes pierce my skin again and again I ignored her.

The evening went on without a hitch. We socialised, ate, Xan closed a deal, Jamie made a friend, came home and now we're cuddling.

"Thank you angel" Xan whispered to me and kissed the top of my head once we were in our room.

"No problem at all" I whispered back looking to the side to see our reflections in the mirror and saw a picture of us we took when we just started dating. I compared the two couples I saw in the mirror and I realised how much we've grown as a couple. They were different people, the one young, strangers to each others annoying habbits and ready to see where life would take them, the other matured and excited for a new addition to their growing family. The young, growing naive boy now older, less naive with a growing baby bump.

Xander saw me staring and smiled at what he saw.

"I can't wait to watch this baby grow with you" he whispered guiding my lips to his.