Thirty nine

Guys guys guys guys guyyyyssssssssssssssss, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK. 17 is a big number.

My little k-pop was going to the boarding school to finish his catch-up school as we called it

My little k-pop was going to the boarding school to finish his catch-up school as we called it. Also, k-pop is Wil because I've been preaching that he looks like a guy from a k-pop-gift-from-God-boy-band. Which he said greatly fought me over because according to his traced ancestry he's from North Korea not South mixed with American. God alone knows how it happened but it did and I'm glad because it gave me my little Northk-pop. The pop honestly came from his new shocking greyish blonde hair. A bit late on the trend but it's okay.

"I'll miss you so so much my baby boy" I  sobbed into Wil's soft hair as I clutched onto him for dear life "my little k-pop."

"But, you'll see me this afternoon..." he mumbled into my chest that I had firmly clutched.

"But then you'll leave me again" I hiccuped.

"But-"

"Hush child" Xan mumbled carrying a massive Marvel themed crate past us and into the car "let the heavily pregnant man cry or face his wrath private."

Wil slipped from my grip slightly, "but he's the cute and nice one, what wrath Cap?"

Cap, or Captain was Xans nick name. Private was Wil. It was their thing, it was cute. Ours was k-pop and momma-bear. I'd never admit to it but Private was a much more fitting name. Wil was a soldier, he's a fighter. He's our fighter.

I pouted and frowned. "I have wrath."

"No you don- owwie" he cried when I grabbed his ear and started to twist.

"I have wrath" I said matter-of-factly pursing my lips.

"Yes baby, the wrath-iest wrath there ever was to wrath" Xan nodded kissing my cheek as he walked back into the house.

I smiled and nodded happily, twisting just a little more before letting go.

"Cap gives you too much power" Wil said sulking and holding his ear. I shrugged, probably but it's fine.

"I will really miss you though k-pop" I said hugging myself, silently loving how my arms were raised by my baby bump.

"I guess that's expected. I mean it'll be the first time I'm not sleeping in the house" he shrugged rubbing the back of his neck, playing with his soft little messy tufts. Something I noticed he did since he came to stay with us and things got weird, something he does when Lena is near and when he struggles with school work. My little boy has a nervous habit and now that I won't be able to see it every time I walk past his bedroom door hurts.

At least I'll still be able to see him and his hormones have mental breakdowns when Lena comes to tutor him.

"Give me a hug" I say reaching out for him with my hands balled, clutching tissues.

He smiled and hugged me, "dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Please stop calling me k-pop."

"No."

We helped him unpack and get settled into his side section of the dorm. The other sections were occupied by three other boys. They seemed polite and well-mannered which made me not trust them.

There was Jon who was 16. Adam who was 13. Then there was Marcus and Green who were both 14. They were like a little step ladder.

After a lengthy conversation with the headmaster, it was time for him to go to dinner and then to bed. A bed that was here, not at our home where I could cuddle him if I wanted.

He walked us to the car, holding his little sister. He held her like she was gold or like she would break if there was a slight breeze. He's an amazing older brother. Our sunshine would miss him so much.

He strapped her into her car seat the way Xan taught him and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'll see you when I see you private" Xan smiled patting him on the back.

"Yeah, see you guys. I'll try to ride my bike home on Thursday" he shrugged nonchalantly. Xan got into the car after a brief hug.

I smiled, took a deep breath and turned away to get into my side of the car but then someone grabbed me, held me.

"I'll miss you momma-bear" he mumbled into my back.

"I'll miss you too k-pop" I smiled.

"I'm scared, I don't know if I can do this" he mumbled, his voice cracking like he would cry.

"You can do this, our little soldier. You've made it through a lot. You'll make it through this" I turned and held my son "if you ever need anything, Captain and momma-bear are here for you. Forever and always."

"I'm really lucky" he said with teary eyes.

"We're the lucky ones private."

He sighed and wiped his face, "don't tell the Captain I cried momma."

"Your secret is safe with me."

We said goodbye and parted ways. "He cried didn't he?" Xan asked with a smirk when I got into the car.

"It was adorable."

"I took a picture if you want it" he said pulling out his phone and showing me the picture of me smiling with my sons arms wrapped around me in a tight hug. Then he swiped and showed me the most precious picture of me cradling him.

"I love you so much" I smiled grabbing the phone and sending myself the pictures.

"We need a family photographer to live with us because this is honestly the cutest ever" I noted. We were all in my bed, Jay was lying on her fathers chest telling me a story about the cat next door, I was lying between his arm and body and we had the fluffiest blanket wrapped around us in our dark room with only a lone lamp light in the corner and the bright blue light from the TV. Xan was fast asleep but he still hand a hard on his daughter, keeping her from falling and a hand on me, keeping me close.

"Daddy?" 

"Sunshine?"

"Pincess o pince?" she asked with her fingers in her mouth as she layed her little warm hand on my tummy.

"I think it's gonna be a pretty princess" I said honestly. I felt it in my bones. We were going to drown in estrogen, tampons and bras in the years to come. "What do you think sunshine?"

"Pince. Defies, pince" she nodded vigorously.

At this moment I really didn't care. My baby was growing. My baby was alive and nearly here. Only a few more months and months go by so quickly. But fear filled me as I remembered how quickly things could change. How fast everything can happen. A lot happens in one day. A week is seven times as much, a month is far worse.

Before I could continue my fear spiral my daughter spoke again, this time her eyes were sliding shut as sleep moved from Xander to her.

"Still love me with new pincess?"

"Of course baby. You're my ray of sunshine. No one can ever replace you."