Chapter two:Bitten

Lauren's POV

"Hurry! She fainted," Brian used his vampire speed, and stopped directly in front of me.

"Get her inside, they're coming!" Brian yelled through the car window. My heart began to beat faster and faster. I picked the girl's small, delicate body and quickly carried her to the back seat of the car. Brian drove Immediately out of there. Once we were at a safe distance, I observed the unconscious girl in arms. I must admit, she was mesmerizing. Absolutely beautiful.

The black mascara traces that ran down her cheeks made my heart flutter. She was scared for her life and I envied her ability to feel fear. It has been years since I felt it myself. I don't remember what it felt like. I just have grown skin thick enough to not feel it anymore.

"What are we going to do with her, Brian?" I asked.

"She knows about us, Lauren. You know we can't allow her to leave if she knows about our existence, much more if she recognizes our faces. For now, she has to come to our place and until she wakes up. I can clear her myself." I sighed. There was no point in arguing with him, he'd always win.

"To be completely honest, I never thought you would make us stop for her. When you saw what those two guys were doing, I saw your eyes turn red. Attack mode is a great look on you, Lauren." Brian said playfully.

Once we neared our mansion just outside Wisconsin the gates opened automatically. The car moved through the gravel drive way and entered the garage of the mansion. Brian got out and came to my side to help carry the unconscious girl.

"She's sleeping in your room until we get her cleared in the morning. You have to stay in there with her so she doesn't get freaked out and leaves. Do you understand?" Brian scolded as I saw his eyes return to their normal blue hue, meaning anger had fully vanished from his system. I simply nodded my head and followed him inside. As we walked up the stairs to my bedroom, I couldn't help but think what could have happened to the girl if I hadn't seen her. I'm sure I will get in trouble with the Sustays for killing two humans, but it is well worth it.

When entered my bedroom, Brian dropped the girl's body on my purple and black silk bedsheets.

"Stop thinking about that. The Sustays won't know we killed the two guys as long as you didn't drink any blood out of them, you didn't, right?" I shook my head no.

"No, I did not, can you please stop reading my mind and leave? I need sleep." I mumbled quickly and he smiled.

"Be sure to calm her down. Oh, and bring her to me first thing in the morning. I'll be waiting for you, Lauren." Brian exited the bedroom door. I was alone with her. Watching her sleep was somehow relaxing. Sleep solves everything. But she's partially broken. Sleep won't cut it.

What if this happened to Taylor or Chris?  Do they even remember me? No, they think I'm dead.

What if I was never turned and it happened to me?  Would anyone help me? Probably not. These days people are more scared of getting involved in any police related situation—so helping probably isn't a choice for many people.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside.

5:52 a.m.

Had it really been two hours of me looking at the young girl sleep?

I saw movement under my sheets. She will be awake soon, but I was taken back at how early she was brushing off her sleep.

"Where-where am I?" She rubbed the sleep form her eyes, crawling up on to the bed with fright.

"I'm not going to hurt you, just trying to help," I slid my phone out of my pocket and send a quick text to Brian.

L: She's awake.

Within seconds, the door opened.

"Hi, name's Brian. I don't know what you remember but it's alright. I'm going to clear you and then we will drive you back to where we found you. Do you understand?" He explained to the girl lying in my bed.

"What do you mean clear me?" She asked.

"It means that he's going make you forget that you saw us, to prevent you from reporting the cops or something. Just for our safety. Don't worry, doesn't hurt. I can do it if you'd li-"

"No, I don't want to forget. You saved me, so I don't care what you two are for the matter. I could have gotten rapped  last night but you saved me. Why would I want to forget that?" The small girl cut me off.

"Lauren, I'll explain. Please stay quiet for a minute," Brian instructed me.

"Look, It's okay to be scared. You won't forget everything, just that you saw us as what we are, and that you were attacked." He gave the girl a smaller understanding smile as she nodded in agreement.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" Brian asked the girl.

"Camila," she answered.

It suit her.

Camila.

"Alright, Camila, sit up, you're ready for me to clear you." Brian told the girl as she sat up. He looked at her eyes and and started reciting the command.

"You'll forget that you saw the us. We were at a party together, you had too much to drink so you asked to come sleep at our place. When I snap my fingers, you will forget you saw us as vampires—and I will drive you home." Brian snapped his fingers. I looked back at the girl who had a puzzled look in her face.

"I don't understand what you're trying to do?" Camila asked. The command hadn't worked. That was impossible.

"Why didn't it work?" I said as he looked at the girl confused. He quickly got up and pulled the girls sweater neck down, and I saw drying blood on her neck.

"You bit her?" He yelled at me, eyes turning red.

"What?! No! I didn't--it must've been when I carried her to the truck!" I yelled.

" Am I gonna die?!" The young girl said. I turned to Brian and saw his eyes begin to shift back  to their original blue.

"No, you're not going to die." I looked at the girl. "It means you're turning." Brian said as he turned to look back at the girl.

-

Hi guys! be sure to comment feedback and share with friends.
Thank you for reading.

Have a good day!💕
-Isa