Chapter 13: In Case

Ally's POV:

I couldn't do this. Might as well have Lauren shoot herself if she wanted me to undo the spell. What she was doing? It was basic suicide. There was nothing I could do, however.

"Sit down Lauren. I'll go get it. Your clone I mean," I spoke and the raven haired vampire gave me a hopeful smile. She nodded her head and complied. Walking out the door, I knew he was watching me. I stood about 3 feet away from the clone when he used his vampire speed and came towards me.

"I know what you're going to do, Ally," Andrew spoke. Having Lauren's cousin in front of me was a dream come true. I've always liked him. We dated once but, once my magic started coming to me when I was 18, I knew we couldn't be anything. You see, in my realm, when a vampire and a witch get together, it's against coven rules. I got kicked out for choosing to safe Lauren's life, and I honestly feel like I'm better off without them. "Ally? Are...are you listening to me?" Andrew snapped me back to reality.

"Andrew, this is what she wants. That's the least I can-"

"No! Ally listen to yourself!" He started, Lifting his arms in the air to show emphasis. "Camila is upstairs crying about all this, Lauren's pretty much contemplating suicide, and I'm here falling in love with you over again! How am I supposed to know where I stand if I can't even help anyone here, Ally!" The vampire let out a huff and walked past me.

"Falling in love?... over again?.." I whispered. I peeked out the door he walked past and he was just sitting there. On the porch with his hands on his head, crumbling his once neat brown hair. "I'm sorry. I have to do this. For her," I whispered again, and walked back into the room. The clone was now sitting next to Lauren. I went to the cupboard and opened it. I had a thermo with tea from earlier that I had pre-prepared for this occasion. "You have to drink this. It's the same tea I gave you before, to make you sleep," I started. "You need to be asleep so that I'm able to undo the spell and not hurt you when I... You know" finally gathering the courage, I looked up to her. She was calm. Looking closer into her eyes I knew she was at the edge of crying but controlling herself for me. I handed her he mug and she took it. Intertwined her fingers in the mug hole and drank the tea. "Make sure to finish the whole thing Lauren," I told her and she nodded, took a deep breath, and drank. She set the mug on the bedside table and within minutes fell asleep.

The clone fell to the floor once Lauren fell asleep. I got up and started to mash up a mixture of herbs. I needed to recite a simple spell and the clone would simply fade away from existence. I got up on my toes and took my spell book from its place on my bookshelf. "Where is it?" It may seem weird, but I talked to myself to keep me calm. Finally finding the spell, I gathered the herb mixture and threw some on the clones head and on Lauren's forehead. Clearing my throat, I finally began to cast the spell.

"Juistigo qismatos clonus, redous. Juistigo qismatos clonus, redous" it's not working. The spell wasn't doing anything. I looked up to Lauren, and she was dredged in sweat. I must need to say it faster and louder.

"Juistigo qismatos clonus, redous. Juistigo qismatos clonus... redous!" I screamed the last part. The ground shook. Books started falling from their shelf. I looked to my right and saw the clone start to fade, but the ground was still shaking dramatically. This had never happened during past spell. It scared me.

"Ally?! What's going on!" I heard Camila yell through the door, and hit it with her palms. "Ally! Where's Lauren?!" Camila continues talking. A final harsher shake came through the room. I fell to the ground and was hit by a spell book on the side of the head. The warm moisture was what brought me back to my senses and realized the clone was gone. I saw a shape come closer to me through my blurry vision.

"Ally... Ally wake up! Ally!" I fell myself being shaken by her. Lauren's voice echoed through my head. I felt a sharp pain in the side of my head and suddenly, it all went black.