Chapter 6: Seeking hope

Andrew's POV:

"Lauren?" I said as I saw my cousins eyes close and the bleeding stop. "Lauren! Lauren wake up!" The raven haired girl didn't move.  "This isn't fucking funny, Lauren!" I yelled as tears started to roll down my eyes. I was pushed aside by Camila's small body as she let out a loud sob.

"Lauren! Wake up!" She violently shook My cousins body. I didn't know what was happening, but if Lauren hadn't woken up after being touched by Camila's healing powers, it had to be bad.

"Why isn't she waking up, Andrew?" I look at Camila. "Answer me!" The brunet demanded. My eyes couldn't meet her gaze.

"No...no! Lauren! Lauren!" She cried, once again shaking Lauren's stiff body.

"Brian! Help me, why isn't she waking up?!" Camila yelled and looked at Lauren's best friend for answers, although the other man was badly hurt after the Sustays' assault himself. Brian used his vampire speed to get to Lauren's body, chewing nervously on his lower lip. He sighed audibly, and proceeded to rip open the remainder of Lauren's shirt, revealing her pale chest and purple bra. There was still a small piece of wood still incrusted in her body. It send a shiver down my spine as I realized that it was right above her heart. This was definitely bad.

"Listen to me, Camila." Brian told Camila. "If you don't heal this quick she's gonna die, do you understand?" Brian told Camila in a husky voice. She nodded her head and waited for his lead.

"I'll pull out the wood and you do it, Camila." I spoke up and took a step foreword, kneeling down and taking the piece of wood between my fingers. "At the count of three, Camila, I'm going to remove the wood from her chest and you are going to touch her wound." I said looking at Camila's fragile, tear stained face. She nodded her head in agreement and I looked down back down.

"One." I tightened my grasp.

"Two." I took a deep breath.

"Three." I yanked out the piece of wood and heard the gut wrenching noise of the cherry wood being pulled from her skin. Camila then touched Lauren's skin. I noticed how the raven haired girl's skin on the surrounding wound started to heal. It was as if it began stitching together...as if no damage had ever been done before.

"Don't let go of her Camila, it's working." Brian knelt next to Camila. A smile crept up on Camila's once saddened face. I noticed the yellow around her iris.

She...she's in love with Lauren?

"I am, God I am. Trust me." Camila said and then looked at me. My eyes widened.

"How did...how can you...what? Wait. You heard that?" I questioned. This couldn't be happening. She read my mind, but she's a healer. Vampires can't have more than one power, unless they're supreme vampires, and that's only happened 9 times in vampire history.
As I was about to speak, I was interrupted by Lauren's coughing. She had woken up.

"Thank god! Lauren!" Camila said through her tears.

"Hey," Lauren said with a small smile plastered on her features. Camila bent down and kiss Lauren on the lips. Brian looked at me and smiled, I and my throat.

"Okay, Camila. You're a healer so her wounds are nice and clean. But, she's still in pain. So I'm going to take her to her room, and then we can talk." I turned my attention to the smaller girl.

"That's fine, I'll go with-" Camila started.

"No. You're staying here. There is something important the three of us have to discuss." I said gesturing to myself and Brian who was stood with his arms crossed.

"Guys, I swear...if you say anything to her I'll fucking-" Lauren started speaking.

"Shut the hell up Lauren-" I laughed. "-we won't hurt your girlfriend." I said.

"I'm your girlfriend?" Camila asked Lauren with a small smile on her face.

"Do you want to be?" Laure fired back at Camila.

"Is it even a question?" Camila laughed and kissed Lauren again.

"Oookaaaay. That's enough." I said as I playfully pushed Camila aside and placed my hand under Lauren's legs and the other on her back. I lifter her off the ground and started going up the stairs.

"Wait here." I turned to Camila and she nodded in response. Once upstairs I opened Lauren's door with my foot. I walked over to the bed and dropped her there.

"You almost fucking gave me a heart attack today. Do you know that?" I told Lauren.

"I'm sorry Andrew. I was just protecting Camila." My cousin replied.

"I know," I said and placed a kiss upon her forehead. "You sure go above and beyond for the girl you love, I must admit. Now, shut up and get some rest because your girlfriend needs to be trained by tomorrow. You know, in case we get another...visit." I told Lauren who laughed. I then walked out and went downstairs to find Camila with Brian. Once I descended down the stairs and saw them both sitting on the black sofa, I walked towards them.

"Okay, listen carefully, because I'm about to drop some major info on both of you."  I saw Camila tense up. Brian then took her left hand on his.

"As we know, Camila, you're a healer. But today, you read my mind. Being a vampire, it's impossible for you to have more than one power. Not impossible, but it has only happened nine times in our history. That's what Sustays are. The thing that attacked you I mean." I told the girl who had a puzzled look on her face.

"So what does this mean?" She asked me. I signaling Brian to elaborate.

"Lauren was bit by a Sustay when she was turned, Camila. She has Sustay DNA in her Veins because of it. However, she didn't keep Sustay powers because she was born pre-mature, so her DNA was somehow altered at birth, and it blocked the Sustay DNA. When she bit you, the Sustay venom was transferred to you. This means that in you? Are all the vampire powers that exist." Brian explained and her eyes widened.

"This also means that if the Sustays find out about you, Camila, you will be forced to join their clan. You won't be hurt, but since Lauren turned you, this means that you...you'd have to be the one to kill her for good." I said and heard my own voice crack. Once again I saw her eyes fill with tears.

I heard a floor board crack from above us. I turned to see Lauren, who stood wide eyed and with a hand over her mouth.

"Lauren," Camila said as she looked at her and then turned her attention back to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hope you guys are liking my book so far.

Like always, don't forget to comment and vote. Also share with you friends! Thank you all, have a good day.☺️