Chapter 7: Pain

Lauren's POV:

"That you'd have to be the one to kill her for good"

The Words Andrew had spoken echoed through my head, as I made my way into the acres of dark soggy forest that covered my cousins mansion. Even though I was aching from the Sustays attack hours prior, I made my way through using vampire speed. I neared a clearing where part of another pound was and sat on a dandelion covered piece of land, just above the shore line of the pond. I sat there. Just below where a ray of sun could touch my now tear drenged face. I let out a loud sigh and scrunched up my lets and folded my arms on top of them.

Had I really been that stupid to not realize Camila was going to be a Sustay after I bit her? I knew it would happen. I knew that once I bit someone they'd become a Sustay but I had completely forgotten. I was turned 12 years ago, so it was just in the back of my mind. I've always been so careful. I tightened my wrists and got up. I walked over a tree and took a deep breath in and let out a big sob in the process.

"You fucking idiot!" I screamed as I punched the tree bark.

"Why did you have to fucking fall In love with her! Why!" I said punching the tree repeatedly. I felt something warm run down my hands and I finally looked down to see blood running through my slender fingers. "Fucking great." I said as I slid down the tree and sat at the bottom.

------------------------------------

Andrew's POV:

"Lauren!" I yelled through my hands which were cuffed in my mouth to make my voice audible. It had been 3 hours since Lauren sped off the mansion and I had been looking for her.

I slid my phone out my pocket and dialed Brian's number.

"Andrew?! Did you find her!?" I heard Camila's voice through the line, clearly crying.

"No Camila. I'm sorry, please let me talk to Brian and go to bed. I promise you that I'll have her with you in the morning." I said not knowing if it was a true statement.

"Okay" she said barely audible.

"Hey Andrew, any luck?" I heard Brian speak.

"No. Help me think. In our past fights, Lauren's done this. We have always found her. Do you remember where she would always be?" I asked.

"She's normally go to the tree house?" Brian said through his teeth.

"No luck. I checked there already" I replied with a clearly eager tone in my voice. It was dark and if another Sustay was to get in through the fence, she could easily be killed.

"Wait, remember when she would sneak out to paint? And one day we followed her... She never noticed. It was a pond, the one east center of the forest. Andrew! She might be there! Have you checked!?" Clear realization came to me. She had to be there. I didn't answer. I simply hung up and used my vampire speed to get to the new destination.

I neared the pond. A couple of feet from where I stood, I saw a figure on the floor. I knew it was her. I walked over to her and kneeled beside her. She was sleeping so peacefully and I didn't have the heart to kill her. I saw her relaxed face and pulled a lock of hair to the back of her ear. Her pale skin reflected perfectly to the moon light. I looked down and I saw her blood stained shirt and crumbled hands dripping in drying blood. I placed my right hand under her legs and the left behind her neck. I processed to lift her up. I saw her shift but didn't wake up. I smiled and used my vampire speed to get to the mansion.

As soon as I stepped a foot on the porch I saw a figure run to me.

"Lauren! Is she ok? Tell me she's ok!" Camila looked at me with her yellow shining orbs.

"She's fine, but she needs sleep. You can talk to her in the morning." I said looking down at the young vampire.

"Why does she have so much blood on her?" Camila let out.

"She punched a couple of trees. One was completely knocked over where I found her." I said and looked down at Lauren's body in my arms.
"I'm going to take her to bed, feel free to go to bed yourself, you clearly have a long day tomorrow with her." I said with a sad smile plastered on my lips knowing my cousins future fade.
She simply nodded and I stepped inside. Placing a kiss on Camila's forehead on the way in.

------------------------------

Hey guys, this is a rather short chapter, but I'll update In one or a few hours. Don't forget to vote and share with your fiends.

Thank you!❤️