Chapter 20:Confession

Lauren's POV:
My heart started to ache once she opened the door. Camila's features were indescribable. There was sadness, and anger in her eyes. However, When she looked at me, all I saw was betrayal.

Spending time cooling Chrissy down was my choice, I know. But I know Chrissy, and I know that if I wouldn't have gone after her when we arrived at the mansion, she wouldn't be behaved with Camila.

"Hi" I finally spoke up. I looked back into her eyes, and I felt my heart drop. The yellow in her iris was slowly starting to fade. All that was left were stokes of gold in her eyes. At least I knew I hadn't lost her for good.

"What do you want to tell me Lauren?" Her voice cracked at the end of her sentence, along with part of my hope.

"Can I come in?" I asked, and just stepped aside. I walked in and heard the door close behind me.
"Sit down, it's gonna take a while," I chuckled, but she stayed silent. Nothing in her expression changed, and that broke me a little. Did I really fuck up this bad? I started to walk to her bed and sat on it. It took a while, but eventually she did sit down on the opposite side of the bed. She stared at me with a blank expression and that's where I knew she wanted me to start mine and Chrissy's story.

I came to the end, and she kept staring at me. Her eyes were glossy, but the golden hue in her iris was returning. I knew this was good, and I knew that I had to do to save my relationship with this girl.

"So, she was your savior," Camila finally spoke.
"What?" I needed to make sure I heard her right. "What do you mean by savior?" I asked and her eyes returned to their normal brown.

"You were broken, Lauren. You were scared that you had been turned, and you weren't able to see your family because they obviously thought you were dead," she spoke and in a harsh tone and I couldn't help but feel anger rising to my hear and her words filled my ears. "You used her as your distraction Lauren. You didn't need anyone, but you saw her vulnerability towards you, and you used it to your advantage," at that, I lost it.

I chuckled as tears fell to my cheeks. "So you're telling me that what I felt for her wasn't real," I hissed. Her eyes widened once she realized what she had said.

"No-I didn't mean to sa-"
"Save it,Camila" I stood from my spot on the bed and walked towards the door. About to make my exit, Camila used her vampire speed and blocked my way.

"I'm sorry okay? I-I didn't mean to say that. Just fucking listen to me! I literally just got you back after being days without you Lauren! Instead of welcoming me back into your life you let her stay in it. I get that she was your first, and that's fine. But don't you dare use me as an excuse to forget about her!"

"I'm not Fucking using anybody!? She,Camila, is the one who even suggested bringing you here because she knew what you were to me! She knew how scared I was to loose the one thing that makes me not want to fucking twist my own neck to escape this state! If I want a god dammed vampire, I'd be In college studying to be an art major. But look at Me now!" I lifted my hands in the air. "I'm a damn vampire and there nothing I can do about it. Nothing! So rather you judge me without knowing my motives for talking to her, or you just forget about anything I've ever done for you!" I pushed her off the door and raced down the stairs. I opened the grand door blocking my escape and stepped out. I walked into the garden and opened the shed. Robert had bought me a sketch and a few graphite pencils. I grabbed the items and walked into the forest just a few yards away from the shed. Upon entering, everything was silent. Birds chirped and the rest of the forest sounds immediately calmed me down. I had never been this angry at anything or anyone other than myself for years. But it all went away once I entered this forest. Everything about solitude made me happy. Right now, I did not want to be bothered.

Hours must have passed, and now I was sitting in the trunk of an old cut-down tree. The light started to disappear when I heard footsteps from behind me. I familiar smell of cologne came rushing through my nostrils, as I cupped my hand over my mouth to muffle off my cry.

"Brian? Is that you?" I said without turning around.
"It's been months,hasn't it? Best friend," At those words, I got up and sprung towards him. I jumped to his arms and hugged him tightly. "I missed you so much, Brian," I said against his sweater as she grinned.

"Did you now? I'm pretty great. I know," he laughed and I playfully slapped his arm when I got down from his embrace. I didn't realize I was crying until he swiped his thumb over my cheek to wipe off a tear. "You know Lauren, just because we're vampires doesn't mean you get to run around the forest at two in the morning like you own it," He joked. This is when I realized how tired I was, along with how late it actually had been. I nearly spend five hours out here on my own.
"Can I sleep here? I'm too tired to even try to-" I let out a small screech followed by giggling and my best friend literally swept me off my feet and carried my into the house. I started to feel very groggy, and eventually fell asleep in his Arms.

"Lauren, where here," Brian began to talk to me softly in order to wake me up. I was awake but kept my eyes closed still feeling overly exhausted and not wanting to walk the finishing way up to my room. He let out a sigh and started growing up the stairs.

"Oh my god, you found her," I head Camila say. I noticed how her voice cracked and it served me as a sign that she had been crying all the time j was gone. Immediately began to feel guilty to be the cause of her shed tears. I kept my eyes closed though, until I felt Brian drop me in my bed. He pulled up the covers to my chin and turned the bedside lamp off. I then felt a warm press of soft lips leaving a kiss behind on my forehead before I heard him walk out. Whe I knew he was gone, I opened my eyes and started off into the darkness of my bedroom walls.
••••••••••••••••••••••••
It must have been fifteen minutes after Brian dropped me at my bed when I heard my door crack open and close. A small figure came into my vision and knowing who it was, I closed my eyes shut. She crawled into bed and covered herself with my sheets. She the. Began to cuddle with me. It wasn't until I felt the warm moisture accumulating in me chest when I realized Camila was crying. Worried, I let out a sigh to fake my sleep and stirred a bit.

"Hey What's wrong?" I was surprised when my voice came out husky and covered In believable sleep.
"I'm so-sorry Lauren. I didn't mean to shove everything you said in your face and I-" I cut her up by cupping her cheek and bringing her lips to mine. It had been hours since I last kiss that perfect spot in her face and I let out a sighing pure adoration.

"Shh, we don't have to talk about this right now okay?" I sat up. "How about, I take my girlfriend on a date tomorrow, and then we see what happens. How's that, Princess?" As these words leave my mouth, she lets out a giggle that makes me go crazy. She lifts her head and kisses me again.

"Okay, my prince" she laughs at her remark, and rests her head back in my chest. "Goodnight princes Camila," I say as I run my fingers through her chocolate brown hair.

"Goodnight, my love" she says.

•••••••••••••••••
An: hi! I hope you guys are fine, and liking this shitty story so far. I used some of the suggestions you guys sent in through my tumblr, so thank you!

BY THE WAY. YOU GUYS SHOULD GIVE MY NEW STORY A READ.

It's called "Atelophobia" (: