Chapter 31: Final Chapter

Lauren's POV:

After getting over the initial shock, Chris allowed Camila and I walk into the castle.

"I'm actually not sure what I am supposed to do," Chris stated. "Liam informed me that a couple was coming so service got a room ready for the two of you," He finished his shaky sentence and looked at me. "I know you have a lot of questions for me, and I have a similar amount for you. But right now, I should show you to your room and we can talk later, yeah?" Chris asked almost insecurely. I nodded and followed my younger brother as he led my girlfriend and I through the stretched corridors of the castle.

"An elevator?" Camila asked once the three of us walked to a far side of the castle.

"Yeah, Liam is 24 years old. This is a six story castle, and that man doesn't like to walk very much. I mean there are stairs over there if you get sick or you're scared of the elevators. I mean I coul-" I stopped him from his suffering.

"Chris its fine, I think she just expected to see the types of castles you see in movies. Not ones with IPhone chargers hanging from the ceilings," I said sarcastically and he laughed.

"I'm sorry-," We walked in the elevator and he pressed the fifth floor button. " - just wanted to set a good impression on my long lost sisters girlfriend and well, its not really working out that way," We all laughed. The metal doors opened and we walked out the elevator. He once again lead the way with Camila and I's over sized suit case closely behind his feet. We passed upon doors and doors until finally, at the end of the immense hall, we came to our room.

"This is your bedroom," He set the suit case down and reached into his pocket. "And these are your keys," He handed me a pair of golden keys and started walking away from the door. "There is a phone on one of the desks in there," He pointed to the door of Camila and I's room. Chris then reached into his pocket again and handed me a small piece of paper with a number on it. "That's my room's phone number, call me if you need anything," He said and started walking away. Once he was about half way through the dimly lit corridor he spoke again.

"Liam said he would come look for you personally, around nine. You have plenty of time to walk around, eat and unpack. If you need anything, like I said, call me," He smiled.

"I will, thank you Chris,'' He gave me a quick nod and friendly wave and walked in the elevator.

I turned back to Camila and she looked concerned. I felt my eyebrows furrow and walked closer to her. I intertwined our fingers and spoke.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"As soon as I walked into this place, I felt like something is going to go wrong," She informed me in a small shaky voice.

"Nothing is going to happen okay? We are in the safe haven for vampires. I promise you, nothing is going to happen," She looked at me hesitantly and after a few moments she smiled at me. Camila gave me a nod and then snaked her around my neck and squeezing me tightly. Once she released me, we both walked into the bedroom and locked the door behind us.

Camila and I unpacked the things we had purchased the day before and placed the assorted amounts of clothes into the cabinets around the room.

"Are we going to live here?" Camila asked.

"No, we have to be here for a few days only, so that Liam figures our situation out," I said.

"Situation?" She asked curiously.

"I am not even sure myself actually, this is why we are here. Liam paid for everything to make this possible for the two of us," She sat down on the bed and began playing with her finders. The phone rang and I went to the other side of the bedroom to answer it.