Chapter 23: Fight

" Your parents being killed in your dream symbolize the pain you felt when you had to leave because Lauren turned you. What that-" she pointed at Lauren and Chrissy "-has to do with your nightmares, is you being conscious of how easily you had to leave what you had, your family, and your education because of Lauren. You have taught yourself that Lauren is the most steady thing you have in your life right now, and when Chrissy came along, your brain immediately posed her as a threat. Your nightmares signify Lauren tearing you away from all that you knew. This is why we are here. You brought us here to show us that Lauren is your anchor, Camila. Take this as a wakeup call, because this also means that Chrissy will not stop until she has Lauren next to her again." All that she said suddenly all made perfect sense. She was right. I will fight for Lauren with everything that I have In me.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Lauren's POV:

It has been a total of four hours since I last saw my girlfriend's caramel orbs. Time seems to stop when her eyes don't meet mine. Right now, it's no different. Exactly four hours, thirteen minutes, and what seems like a life time ago, Shay took Camila in a journey inside her own mind to find the source of her nightmares. Right at the moment her eyes shut to the world, everything stopped around me. To say I was- no, I am scared, is an understatement. Camila is my anchor. Without her eyes, my world is nothing. The image of me ever going a life time without those eyes, is terrifying.  Within these agonizing four hours, I was able to do lots of reflecting. There are things that I think about on a daily basis, but I never speak them out loud. People say that some things are better left unspoken, and I follow their word. The truth is, there has just been so much happening in Camila's life and my own. From arguments, to encounters with Sustays, to trips to the mountains a few hours north of the mansion. There is never a dull moment with her. There are things I have though about that do captivate about us.

Sometimes late at when I have her sleeping for inside of my arms, I always remember the way we met. I hate to think of the things that would have happened if I never saw her. Helping her was the best decision I have ever taken. There were things that actually concerned me to this day. One thing I will never understand is- how did she fall in love with me so fast? Just like Chrissy did when I first met her. I don't question it because I feel like everything we've been through, proves that Camila and I  are close to what people call "meant to be" Sometimes, I think that there's something in me that is actually at fault for not looking into this situation, but as selfish as it is- I just don't want to loose Camila.

Deep in my thoughts, were things I couldn't comprehend myself about my own life.

I let out a scream when I felt two arms wrap around my neck from behind.

"Hi," Camila said from the crook of my neck.

"Oh my god you scared me!" I said as I got up and turned around to hug her tightly. "But I rather get a heart attack than live without seeing your eyes," she smiles when she's finally processed my words.

"Lauren, what are you talking about? We were gone for a few minutes?" I grew confused when she said that. Maybe time doesn't seem to move when you go inside your head.

"Camz, babe you guys were gone for four hours," Her eyebrow rose, I could tell she was beyond confused.

"Lauren, we need to talk," Shay came from behind the both of us and Camila stepped back.

"Can we talk later? I mean I just went four hours without my girlfriend for gods sake, Shay," I looked up at Shay. Her jaw was clenched as she rose a challenging eyebrow.

"No. We have to talk now," Shay spoke in the sternest I've ever heard a soul speak. I looked at Camila, gave her a quick peck on the lips and rose. Shay walked out The doors and into the garden, and I followed. She used her vampire speed to get to where ever she wanted to take me at a quicker rate and I did the same.

"What is it you wanted to talk about Shay? Can we make it quick? I really just want to-"

"Lauren. Listen. You don't have to believe me, but I know that what I am about to tell you is one hundred percent true. Are you ready?" I grew confused with her words. What can be so important right now, other than the fact that I just got Camila back?

I nodded my head remembering that she had asked me a question.

"Okay, well as you know, Camila is a very special and rare type of vampire. You turned her due to the Sustay gene in you, and she's immune to every vampire power that exists, as well as her containing every vampire power in existence. But, what I really want to tell you, is that, I heard your thoughts. To be specific, I heard you say How you were -curious as to why and how Camila fell in love for you so fast," Shay stopped speaking and looked at me. She scanned my face for something, but I wasn't sure as to what she was looking for specifically. I was about to say something but she beat me to it.

"Okay. I'll cut the crap. When you bit Camila, I want to say that it took about a good two hours before all the Sustay powers and immunities started to come to her. Lauren, I don't know how to tell you this. But I know I have to," she stopped once again.

"Shay, please stop pausing you're making me very-"

"When you bit Camila you compelled her to feel what you felt for her," she interrupted me.

I felt numb.

"Compelled?" I asked and Shay nodded her head yes. "Shay this isn't funny," I felt tears start to form in my eyes. Compelled? "So, does this mean that s-she doesn't r-really love me? I made her fall in love with me?" The way that those words sounded coming out of my mouth felt disgusting.

"Lauren, I'm really sorry.  You have to tell her you know,"

"I know Shay. I know,"

--------------------------------
AN: hi guys! It's been forever lol. There's been a lot going on in my life but I'm finally getting time to update. I'm aware that this was a very short and boring filler chapter, but get ready for what comes next. Update tomorrow.(;
-ISA