Chapter 22: Gasoline

Camila's POV:

I have been having very vivid nightmares every single night for the past weeks. They'd go something like this: Me walking around the town I used to live in. I would approach my house, open the door and find my parent's bodies mutilated. That's Usually when I would wake up soaked in sweat and hardly being able to breath. Tears always ran down my eyes after these dreams, but Lauren was always there to wipe them off. She'd stay awake for hours calming me down and telling me everything was going to be alright and that she loved me. Even on nights when she was on the verge of sleep, she's hold on to every inch of her insomnia to help me though my sleepless nights. Today was no different, except for my awakening. When I opened my eyes, I didn't feel Lauren's warm body laying next to mine. Now, growing concerned, I got up from my place in her bed and slipped on some slipped and walked the cold and empty halls of the mansion. I reached the kitchen and saw Zayn sitting in the counter, drinking a cup of coffee. When he saw my tearful eyes, he got up from his seat in a flash.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" He asked in a concerned voice.

"Where's Lauren? Do you Know where she is?" He came closer to me and wiped a tear from my eye. "She's outside in the woods with Shay? I think that's her name" I nodded and gave him a small smile, which was very hard for me to conceive. As I stepped outside and walked into the path in the woods, I cold breeze came along. I shivered and hugged myself as I approached the clearing where Lauren was. I was stopped dead in my tracks when I heard the sound of her crying.  I panicked and used my vampire speed to get to her in a quicker pace.

"L-Lauren?" I said. I heard my voice crack at the end. Maybe because I saw her in Shay's arms. Maybe because I still had my nightmare's images planted in me head. The reason? I don't know. But once she heard me, she stepped out of Shay's embrace. Lauren wiped her tears away with her sleeve and rushed to me. Once my body came in contact with hers, tears immediately poured out of my eyes. I immediately took hold of a handful of her sweater and tried to pull her in closer to me.  She started to run her fingers through my dark caramel locks, and lifted me off my feet.

"Don't worry, I will be inside waiting for you both when you're better," I heard Shay say behind me followed by foot steppes going further and further away. I then felt Lauren sit down and she slowly pulled me away from her body. She cupped my face between her hands.

"Baby, Listen to me," she began to speak in a very soothing voice. "I am so, so sorry for not being there this morning. I broke my promise. I am so sorry Camila," Tears began to run down her eyes as well at this point.  A few nights ago, my nightmares got to the point where I would not stop shaking for hours. Lauren was there to hold me the entire time, telling me that she would never leave my side. Today, she broke that promise, but I didn't care. I care about her being here for me right now, and that Is all that matters to me. I looked up to her and wiped her tears with my thumb.

"It's fine, you're here with me now," I nearly whispered.

Thirty or so minutes passed until we were both stable enough to speak. There was no trace of tears in our eyes at this point, but we still remained sat down in front of the pond. The warm sun rays bounced off Lauren's smooth pale skin as I stared at her.

"Are you ready to head in?" She asked me as she came closer to me and wrapped her arms around me. "I don't know. I guess I'm just a little scared about what she's going to do," I told her and she gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"I called Shay here to help you get rid of those nightmares. She's really nice, I promise you. She wouldn't hurt a fly," Lauren told me as she tightened her hold around my shoulders. She must have seen the hesitation still in my eyes, so she began to speak again. "She's just going to burn a few natural herbs and flowers, and you will in hale the smoke. After that, she will go read deep in your mind, and find the source of your nightmare. Then, you'll wake up, she will make you talk about it and you will be one hundred percent nightmare free, babe." Lauren fished explaining.