Chapter 24:Somebody Else

Lauren's POV:

It had been about five hours since Shay told me about my situation with Camila. Ever since, I decided to walk deeper into the forest to give myself time to think. So far, the only thing I've done is cry. Part of me wants to believe that this is all a sick joke, a dream even. But it made me sick to think about compelling someone like Camila to fall in love with me.

I stood up and walked in a circle. Maybe this way I'll stop crying? If I just completely stop thinking about Camila right now, maybe-

"Why does everything have to be so damn complicated!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I wasn't sure what I was feeling now. I was hurt, angry, discounted, and disgusted. I can't go back to Camila, look her in the eyes and pretend that everything is okay and that Shay never told me about this. But I can't go back to Camila and tell her that I...compelled her to fall for me. I want her to be safe. Not only from the Sustays, but now, from me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to go back to the mansion. Everything was dark when I walked in. I made my way to my room. But before I could enter, I head distant sniffles coming from the room across for me. That's when it hit me. The thing I had been avoiding to think about was still present, and I hadn't told the girl I loved. I heard a louder sob coming from Camila's room and that was it for me. I hurried to the door. I opened it slightly and cleared me throat.

"Camila? Love, it's me. Can I come in?" No answer. "Babe?"

"Lauren please don't. Please leave me alone," the venom in her voice broke me. She knew. She definitely knew.

Dammit Shay!

I took a deep breath and stepped into the room. I turned and locked the door behind me.

"Lauren, I told you to leave me alone!" Ouch.

"Camila, please listen to me. I want to talk to you about this," I told her. Tears started to form in my eyes.

She let out a cold laugh.
"How do I know you won't be lying to me Lauren? How do I know that anything that has to do with you, is actually real. We-" she signaled her pointer finger between us. "-we are a lie and what sucks is that I can't do anything about my love for you. The truth is, Lauren. I'm helplessly in love with you and it sucks. It sucks because I don't want to be. I want to fall in love with you on my own. I want to be able to be sure of my feeling and not- not be aware of these feeling are mine or yours. Lauren, I don't  know what to do with this. But for sure the first thing to do has to be clear to you," tears fell from her eyes and I couldn't hell but to swipe them away from her rosy cheeks. I walked closer to her figure sitting on the edge of her bed. I got on my knees and a very short distance from her and cleared my throat again. I took her hands on my own and started to speak.

"Camila, I'm so-so sorry baby. I didn't know I was able to do that. I didn't even know I did that to you in the first place. I love you so much, and I wouldn't want to see you keep getting hurt because of something that I wasn't even aware of being able to do. You have no idea how much I've though about this. I'm so disgusted with myself because of this whole situation. I am truly, madly in love with you, Camila Cabello. You have no idea. Please, don't make me say those words because it already hurst enough to know about this," I hadn't realized I hadn't stopped crying until she swiped away my tears. Camila let go of me, stood up and walked to the window. Opening it, she inhaled a shaky breath and turned back to look at me in her glossy eyes.

"Lauren, it's over." At that, everything went black. It felt like I had lost my senses, the way I had lost the love of my life. I got up from my place of the hard wood oak floors and sped to the door.

"Lauren,wait" Camila's distressed voice came into my ears and I automatically stopped but I kept my back to her.

"I-I want to to compel me to forget about all this," Once again she motioned between us. If I thought her previous statement hurt, this killed me. I inhaled and then turned to look at her.

Wow. She's crying, her makeup is all smeared, and she still is the light that shines my world. She's truly Flawless.

"It might take a while before it takes effect," I informed her and she stayed quiet. I nodded my head and inhaled. I closed my eyes for a brief second and the opened them to look at her eyes again. I cupped her cheeks with me hands, and looked her in the eyes.

"You will forget about me," I started, Camila's eyes grew big and she shook her head.

"That's now what I asked you to do Lauren! I want to for get us, not you!" The desperation in her voice broke my heart.

"Before I do this, can I- um- can I kiss you one last time?" When those words left my mouth I instantly regretted it.

"Please" She then leaned in and kissed me. It was a soft passionate kiss. It was a kiss full of emotion. A kiss that would mean so much after what I was about to do. I slowly began to pull away. I kissed her forehead, closing my eyes and holding the kiss for a few seconds.  I once again looked her in the eyes and finally began to speak

"You will forget about us. You will forget you ever fell in love with me. You will forget I ever meant anything to you, if it wasn't in a friendship level. You will forget I am in love with you,"

With that, I walked away. My heart was numb. I couldn't cry anymore, I just wanted to cream. I heard Camila begging me to come back, but I just went straight to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been two and a half hours since I compelled Camila to forget about us. Two and a half hours of thinking what I was supposed to do, until I finally decided that I'm leaving. I can't stand the sight of her without being able to kiss, hug, and tell her that I love her.

I shuffled though my desk and found a notebook and a black pen and started writing.

Dear Camila,

There isn't enough space here to tell you how truly sorry I am. I'm sorry for making you fall in love with me. It wasn't intentional. I guess it makes Sense though. If I'm being honest with you, there were always nights when I would stay up and think about how you could've exactly fallen for me so quickly, but I didn't want to do anything about it. I was selfish, because I thought I had finally found my one. My person. No, I did. I found you. Under all these  circumstances, there is no doubt that you, Camila Cabello, are my person. I am truly madly in love with you. By know I'm sure that me compelling you to forget us has been effective so you might be sitting there wondering what the hell I'm talking about. So I'm leaving you my journal. I want you to read through it so that you know just how I fell in love with you. Wait, I'm getting too ahead of myself.  Yes, by the time you read this you'll probably notice I'm gone. Don't look for me. I guarantee you, that you won't find me. I'm leaving because I can't see you and not want to kiss you, and tell you how much I love you. I hope you understand Camila. But come on. I fell in love with you being a human. Doesn't this sound like something straight out of a book?  Think about it. The blood thirsty vampire falling in love with a regular college student, after the vampire saves the student from horny teenagers. I mean, what else did we expect? You were human. I was a vampire. We should have know that- this is what happens when two worlds collide.

I hope that one day you can love me again.

Love you always,
-Lauren

-----------------------------------

AN: WELL LOOK AT THAT! Two back to back updates. I know, even I'm surprised. Hope you guys don't hate me yet, because you sure will in the next chapter (:
Don't forget to vote and share with your friends if you'd like.
-Isa