Chapter 21: Rear View

An:HI! Okay so I'm going to be changing previous chapters to make them longer and more believable this week. This will be the only update I will be writing until Saturday, when I'll post one I already have pre-written.
Hope you guys have a good day!
-Isa(:💕
-----------------------------------------
Lauren's POV:

Dear Diary,

God, this is so stupid. Its been a month since my fight with Camila, and a lot has changed. Right now, for example, I am writing my feelings in a stupid journal my girlfriend bought me. Why? Because she wants me to write down my feelings instead of going out of this mansion and punching a fucking tree down. I have always been the one to like writing, but I have never tried expressing myself with a pen or paper before. I am completely knew to this, and I feel like Elena from The Vampire Diaries, which is beyond absurd since that show was dedicated to a vampire love triangle and it some how relates to me. Anyway, as I was saying, a lot has changed ever since my fight with Camila. First of all, Chrissy moved to the opposite side of the mansion because my girlfriend is not mature enough to see her looking at me. Do not get me wrong. Camila is my anchor. I honestly am nothing without that girl, but she can't handle the slightest thought of Chrissy coming close to me. I guess I would be in the same position if I was in Camila's place here, but she does not understand that she has absolutely nothing to worry about. Brian also moved into this mansion. I completely lost contact of him when I decided to try  the clone idea a try, but hell; we all know how that went. Other than minor setbacks, life here has been great. There has been two more Vampires who moved in here, so this place is anything but desolated anymore. I'm pretty good friends with one of the two. His name is Zayn, and he is just one year older than I am. I must admit that he is a pretty damn good looking guy, and he's sweet as a god damned chocolate. The other Vampire is a new born, which means that she was turned about three weeks before she got here. Her name is Megan, but she is not the talker type. She is scared, and I understand why. She had to leave her parents the same way that I did. The only thing wrong with her transition, is that she has not gotten her powers yet, so we do not know what kind of vampire she is. We have also learned that none of our powers work on her but she isn't a Sustay. The other day, she dropped a glass of water. I was around so I helped her clean up, but I missed a piece and it went in her foot. Camila rushed to her aid, but we found that she could not be healed, so I had to bandage her up, and carry her into her bedroom. Camila was not happy about that by the way, but I really just wanted to help the poor girl. I feel like I have seen Vampires like her, but I have no idea where or who was like her. Anyway, I feel like this is enough writing in you for today, so I am just going to stop writing now. Am I supposed to end this entry with a "love, Lauren" or do people only do that in books and movies? Fuck it.

Love, Lauren.

I got up from my bed and placed the journal slash diary in my desk. I don't  know what to call it if I am being honest. Camila gave it to me with the intension of it being a diary, but I refuse to give in to the corny teenage girl name of the object. I'll stick with journal. It is now the middle of the night , but I had nothing else to do. My stomach started to rumble so I decided to head down to the kitchen. I did not expect anyone to be down there since, well, it is almost 4 a.m. Once I crossed the door frame, I saw Megan sitting on the bay window on the kitchen wall. She was facing the window with her earphones on. I could hear ' Let it go' by James Bay from where I was standing, boy how have her ear drums not busted?

I walked past her and opened the fridge door and got some orange juice. I then got a glass and poured some in it, and began to drink.

"I like coming here every morning to watch the sunrise," I heard Megan speak from behind me. Turning around, I saw her smiling at me and also noticed her under eye bags. I felt concerned momentarily because she looked as if she could pass out at any moment.

"Would you like some juice?" I asked and she replied by shaking her head no. I nodded and placed the juice back inside the refrigerator. "How long have you been up, sweetheart?" I questioned as I took the seat next her in the bay window.

" I actually haven't slept in two days actually" As soon as those words left her mouth, I was completely astonished. "I know what you are going to say, but I don't want to sleep Lauren. Every time I close my eyes I have nightmares. I cant explain how terrified I am to sleep, so I just try to avoid it as much as I can" I felt my hear sink a little. I have also been having nightmares for days, but I just swept them off my shoulder because, well, they are just dreams.  I had no idea how to make her feel better, until I looked outside where the sunrays where beaming widely. I looked around the area and found a blanket, and that's where I got the idea.

"Let's go outside to watch the sunrise instead of being here. Come on," I stretched my hand to help her up and she took it gladly. We walked towards the door and I opened it. Walking into the forest I took her to the pond I found where I clear my head. I found he tree trunk I had taken down a few nights ago, so we both sat there. I knew she wanted to vent her emotions, so I waited for her to speak.

"I miss my parents," Megan said. "I miss the way we would argue over me not being there before curfew. I miss the way they would lecture me about being on time to school, and how I couldn't bring my girlfriend over on days where I had to baby sit my sister Taylor. I hurt them, and I know I can't do anything about it, but it is killing me," she looked at me with tearful eyes and I put my arm around her shoulder and rubbed comforting circles in her arm.

"If it makes you feel any better, I was kinda turned by a Sustay so l did not get to say goodbye to my family either. However, once I found out I was a vampire, honey. I went out and killed the guy who didn't ask me to prom," she chuckled and looked up to see me.

"Are you serious?" She asked still laughing.

"Nah, I needed to lighten up your mood. Now, shh let's watch the Sunrise, Nicole," I looked at her smirking. She real eased herself from my embrace and looked up at me, followed by a swat against my arm.

"Call me Nicole one more time Jauregui, and I swear I'll rip your head off," she threatened with a smug smile on her face .
"Nice to dream huh Megan? Oh wait, you wouldn't know, you haven't slept in days!" I laughed. She just glared at me but smiled eventually and payed her head on my shoulder. I'm not sure how long we were seated hat way, but eventually she knocked out just before the sun finished rising. I got up and carried we bridal style and started walking back towards the mansion. As I was walking back towards the house, I head a few branches break from behind me. I was then interrupted by a voice.

"You haven't changed one bit, you know," as I head that the blood drained from my body.No. It couldn't be. That voice died three years ago in a fire. That voice could not be here right now.

"Take her, I'll be waiting here for you Lauren," With that, I used my vampire speed to take Megan into the mansion. As I placed her on her bed and walked back towards the kitchen I heard Camila call my name. I didn't turn around, I just simply kept running back towards the forest.

"Shay?" I screamed. "Shay, where are you!" I scream again but to no avail. Just then I was pushed into the ground with a body on top of mine.

"I have missed you so much, Lauren," Shay said as she looks into my eyes. Tears started to rush into my irises and then, they flowed down quickly. I got up, and lifted her with me. Pulling her into a tight embrace, I buried my face into the crook of her neck and continued crying.

"L-Lauren?" I heard Camila's Tear stained vocals call from behind us.