Chapter 5: Sustays

Lauren's POV:

Camila walked hand in hand towards the dock.

During the whole walk I felt as if we were being watched, and for her sake, I kept my eyes wide open. After several minutes without an occurrence, I shook off the strange sensation hoping that  it was just either Andrew or Brian keeping an eye on us. Finally, we reached the wooden dock and carefully, I stepped into the wooden floor of the small boat in the water. After being situated I extended my  hand out for Camila to take.

"Thank you," she smiled. 

"You're-" I stopped speaking when I heard the mansion's gates open in the distance. I knew that no one knew of this place's existence other than us. I felt my heart sink to my stomach. I turned to Camila.

"We need to get out of here." I stepped out of the boat and leaned down to help her out. The sound of a speeding car started to get closer. "Get on my back." I said.

"What?!" Camila asked.

"Camila, now!" I squatted and Camila jumped on my back. Without hesitation, I used my vampire speed and ran towards the mansion, and locked the doors.

"What the hell laur-" Camila started but I placed a hand over her mouth.

"Brian! Andrew!" I screamed.The two men came to the room in a second.

"What's going on?!" Brian asked.

"There is someone inside the mansion grounds!" Their eyes widened. Brian look at Camila.

"I will go barricade the back door, you two do the same with the front." Andrew said as he ran past us.

"No, you go, get her out of here, Lauren." Brian said as he began to push furniture against the grand wooden door. I tuned to Camila. Her face was pale, and eyebrows furrowed.

"What's going on?" She asked. "How can I help?" Camila looked at me. The sound of the speeding car stopped outside the mansion.

"Camz we have to go," I said.

"No, I want to help. I can help-"

"You have to leave now!" Andrew screamed as the blood red color began to invade his iris. A loud crash came from behind us. I turned my head and saw the door completely demolished. A woman in a black robe with purple details on the sleeves and an 'S' on the left side of her chest stood tall, smirking at us all. I looked for Andrew. When I spotted him walking towards us, I spoke to him.

"Get her out of here." I told him and looked used my vampire speed to get to Brian faster, and help Brian.

"Now, now. What do we have here?" The woman said.

"Who are you?" I asked angrily. I felt my breathing begin to heavy.

"You must be Lauren, correct?" She walked towards me.

"What do you want?!" I screamed.

"I heard that you've been a bad girl, Lauren," She began to tusk the tongue against the top of her mouth. "You do know that turning a human in your condition is a very bad strike, yeah?" She descended down the entrance stairs and got closer to me. "It's a shame what I have to do to that poor girl. What's her name again?" The sustain began to tap on her chin. "Oh! That's right. Camila. Where is she? I would like to have a talk with her before I kill her." She smirked. That was it for me. My blood boiled with anger and in one swift movement, I used my vampire speed and pushed the Sustay to the floor. I ran towards her once again and began to kick her with all the force in me.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her! You hear me?! Don't you even try!" The woman's cold laugh filled the room and she wiped her bloody mouth with the back of her sleeve.