Chapter 26: Colors

SUPRISE UPDATE ;) 

Chrissy's POV:

Later that day

After I found out that Lauren decided to leave the house, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to scream; I wanted to cry. I wanted everything to stop. Everything was against me. I loved her. I still did. But seeing how happy she was with Camila made me step back. I figured, if I still had a chance, shell come back to me. But if she didn't , I wanted my raven haired vampire to be happy. I wanted her to experience love at its fullest, even if its not with me. I am no one to ruin anyone's happiness, specially hers.

When Lauren was with me, everything was blue.

When she left me, everything was grey.

Lauren brought color into my life, and this is why her departure hurts me the most. I was able to cope with her love for Camila. But now, knowing where she was, I didn't think I would see her again. The Sustays have always been after her. Trying to kill her. Trying to tear me away from her. Not anymore. As I walked into the kitchen, I heard Ally, Brian, and Camila talking about driving to the Sustay mansion to get Lauren. This had to stop. Angered, I walked into the room.

"When do we leave?" it was more of a statement than it was a question.

Camila turned to me. Her face contorted angrily. Her jaw clanged and her fists balled up. She then sprung to me, and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor with a bloody nose.

"What the hell Camila!"  I scream. "What's your fucking problem!" She started to sprint back to me but Brian stopped her.

"Stop! You two need to stop being so god damn childish here and listen!" Camila and I looked at each other nd then at our feet in embarrassment. "Lauren is in a very dangerous place right now. The sustays want Camila,"

Brian then looked at her. "Listen. I know youre going to be mad at me for this, but I need you to understand that you aint going no where."

"What?!? You cant do this! I need to find Lauren!" Camila began to scream. Tears began rolling down her face and it kind of hurt to see her that way. Maybe because Lauren loves her- and I love Lauren. In some weird way,  I felt the need to protect her because even if it hurt to see Lauren and Camila madly in love with each other, I want Lauren happy.  

"Can I have a second with Camila, alone?" I asked. "I wont hurt her I swear," at that, Ally and Brian left the room. I walked to Camila and took the seat next to her.

"Why are you doing this?" The small figure beside me asked. I hesitated. There was no turning back now.

"Camila, I'm- I - ugh," Okay how the hell do I start this? I inhaled deeply and started to talk again. "First of all, I'm sorry. I've tried my best to keep away from Lauren. I swear. With all honesty, I am still in love with her-"

"Please stop," She cut me off.

"No Camila. Let me finish." She nodded. "Okay. Like I was saying I am still in love with Lauren. But she's in love with you. I respect that. I am not denying that I have tried to come between the two of you, but I stopped when I decided to leave to the opposite side of the mansion. I may not like you, nut I like how you treat Lauren. I like how happy she is, and I like how you put her first in every situation. I give you my word Camila. I wont come between the two of you." She looked at me for what seemed like minutes. Her face stated contorting into a smile.

"Go," he said.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"I said go. Get my Lauren back for me."

Her Lauren.

I decided to not say anything and just nodded. I walked out of the room and looked for Brian. I found him placing a few snacks and a box of water bottles.

"I'm going with you." I said and saw him nod. We leave in a few minutes, I just need to talk to ally really quick. Go ahead and get in the car, ill be right back." I did as he said and saw him walk into the mansion.

-----------17 hours into the drive------------

"Chrissy?" Brian asked.

"Yeah?"

There was a long pause.

"Ally said that- we need to drink this. Were just a few minutes away from the Sustay mansion and we need to protect ourselves,"  He handed me a small tube full of a neon green liquid.

"What is this?" I asked.

"It's a potion, that stops Sustay powers from getting to us. We are both stronger than them if we drink it. We'll be able to get past them like a piece of cake," I inhaled and drunk the potion in one gulp.

"we will have to walk the next mile or so, I need to hide the car for when we get Lauren. Just to make sure we actually have a chance on getting out of this place." He got out of the car and I followed behind. He walked to the trunk of the car and opened it. Inside, there was a large black rectangular case.  He opened it to reveal a stash of weapons.

"What the hell? You do know we're fighting vampires, not a fucking war." He rolled his eyes on me.

"Shut up and get something will you?" I took a pair of knives and hid one in my left rider boot, and kept another one in my hand. 

"You ready" Brian asked and I confidently nodded.

The sun started going down. It came to the point where you could barely see its outline through the edge of the house.

That's when I heard it.

A skin crawling scream.

Lauren.

I froze. My world came crashing down when I heard a deep voice right after the scream.

"Scream all you want Lauren! No one is here to save you!"

I turned to look at Brian and we instantly began sprinting into the yards.

I felt my fingers shake violently when I removed the case from the knive.

"stop stop! I cant take this anymore it hurts so much!" I heard Lauren beg, but the she let our another terrifying scream.