Chapter 3: Runnaways Part:1/2

Camila's POV:

"What do you mean you bit me?! And what does he mean 'I'm turning'? Turning into what! Tell me!" I screamed as the raven haired girl's eyes changed in front of my own. They went from a wine red to a light shade of green.

"I must've bit you when I carried you into the Camila...and it means that you're turning into a vampire. We have to leave now before the Sustays come and kill all of us," she told me.

"What? No. I'm not going anywhere with either of you! What are Sustays?! How do I stop from turning!" I hissed as my eyes started to water.

"They're the vampire leaders. They kill any new vampire who can't control their thirst and your eyes are starting to change, which means that it's going to happen to you soon." Brian told me.

"Listen, we will bring you back. We saved you once so you have to believe we will save you again. Lauren and I are your mentors and protectors now. So yes, you'll be fine, you can trust us." his blue eyes flickered with the dim sunlight. I simply nodded and felt my hand being intertwined with Lauren's who then looked at Brian.

Brian nodded and left us alone in what I assumed was Lauren's bedroom.

"Camila, look at me." she whispered as I looked up to look at her.

"I promise that nothing and no one will hurt you. All you have to do is trust me, came with me." She took both of my hands on her own. I found her mesmerizing. My heart was already racing—but as soon as soon as she cupped my face and placed a warm kiss on my forehand, I lost it.

"I trust you." I said in an unintentional barely audible whisper. She smiled and lead me out of the room.

-

As we walked out of the house, an immediate wave of cold air hit my face sending a shiver through my body. Lauren took her jacket off and handed it to me.

"No, it's fi-"

"Camila take it. You're clearly freezing. I have a sweatshirt under anyway." She helped me put it on. Her warm smile made my heart flutter. Lauren opened the car door for me to get in.

-

After about twenty minutes of driving, I realized I had not yet asked where I was being taken.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Brian pulled the break— making my body bounce front from the seat. As I was about to crash with the drivers seat, Lauren's hand held me back.

"You should put your seat belt on, Camila. To answer your question, we're going to Seattle where one of our friends is. He will help us train and protect you." Lauren looked out the window.

"Yes, he's a vampire as well." I gasped.

"How did—how you know what I asked? I just thought about it?" I told her wide-eyed.

"Oh right, you're new to this," she laughed softly. "When you're turned, you get special powers—let's say. Mine is mind reading, and Brian's is strength. He can pretty much demolish a mountain with the tip of a finger if he wanted to. Your powers will come within two—three days after being bitten. Other than that, we can also all run pretty damn fast and are inhumanly strong." Lauren informed me.

As I was about to answer, the windshield was broken. Lauren jumped from her seat and threw herself on me. Brian began to drive even faster, and then more shots were being fired in our direction.

"What the hell is going on!?" I shouted.

"The locals must have found the bodies, don't worry we'll loose them." Brian told me. Another pair of shots were fired and suddenly, Lauren screamed.

"Brian they shot me! Hurry get of here!" She spoke through her teeth. Her eyes began to turn a dark shade of red.

An immense wave of anger came through my veins. I was angered that the girl who saved my life has been hurt. I spun my head around to see who had shot it. A grey haired man with dark blue denim overalls and a plain orange shirt stood in the middle of the road, pistol in hand.I balled my fists and turned to Lauren. An urge to touch her wound overwhelmed me. She was screaming. Without second thought I placed my hand over the bleeding wound and within seconds the screaming stopped. I lifted my face to look at her, and saw her eyes begin to change back to their normal green.

"The pain-" she said with disbelief. "-Camila the pain's gone." she looked at me.