Chapter 3: Runnaways part two

Lauren's POV:

"Camila—your powers! You just got your powers." I said looking at the healing bullet hole in my shoulder.

"I don't care about powers Lauren! Your car just got fired at and you got shot!" The girl frantically scram as Brian drove away madly. I saw as Camila's eyes started shifting from brown to a dark red hue. I unbuckled my seat belt and turned to look at her; taking her hand in mine and as her breathing began to heavy.

"Hey, Listen to me. You're a healer. This means that who if you want to—you can heal anyone's disease or wounds just by touching the victims wound. You did this for me. The reason it hurt so much is because the bullets were soaked in tree sap. For vampires That's pretty much venom. However, you saved me. I could've died but you put your mind towards heeling me. Thank you"Her gaze traveled from my eyes to our still intertwined hands. Gently, I lifted her chin to make her eyes meet mine once again.

I stopped.

The red hue was replaced with a beautiful a light shade of yellow.

"Camila, your eyes" I almost whispered.

"What about them?" The said questioning my comment.

I turned to the front.

"Brian? Can you tell me the vampire eye colors and their meaning?" Brian's eyes furrowed in confusion, but he didn't ask further questions.

"Red is attack or thirst. Yellow is love, orange is stress, and pink is sorrow." He informed me.

I then turned to Camila.

"They're yellow Camila. Yellow means that. You are, that you In love...with me?" Camila's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, I don't know-"

"It's okay." I cut her off laughing softy. "Listen to me. It's fine to feel that way, but we have to make it out of this first. Do you understand?" I said and she nodded. I looked up to her, I opened my mouth to speak but the Brunet closed the gap between us and tenderly kissed my lips. Her warm moist breath on my mouth was mesmerizing.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I-" I kissed myself this time. Without hesitation She reciprocated. I had not had my first kiss until now, and I couldn't imagine having it another way. Although I was turned several years ago, I had not once been in love.

Was I in love now?

Couldn't be sure.

What I did know was that at the moment I had to keep her closer to me. For her protection and for my own. I knew that the consequences for turning Camila would be more than severe, but I was willing to go through in order to keep her safe.

"Can you two please stop eating each other her back there? I need to keep my eyes on the road if you want to get to Seattle in one piece." Brian scolded us.

"Why don't you just shut up and keep driving Brian?" I hissed as Camila laughed against my neck.

"Fair enough." Brian said as we neared a wooden sing.

You are now leaving Wisconsin.

-

Camila's POV:

I opened my eyes to complete darkness in my surroundings. I must've slept through the whole trip because I found myself cuddling Lauren in bed. She was absolutely stunning. Her pale complexion shone with the peering moonlight coming into the room through a large window. I spotted clock on the opposite side of the bed.

2:15 am.

I rested my head back on her chest and wrapped my arm around her waist.
The sound of her heart pumping blood into her body calmed me, and I felt myself drift to sleep.

-

Next Time I opened opened my eyes I was alone in bed. "Lauren?" I called out and waited for an answer, but non came. Just as I was about to get up, a door opened and she walked in.

"Well look who's finally up." she sat in bed next to me. Lauren began to scoot herself closer to my body and brought her hand to my cheek.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." she said with concern in her voice.

"I thought you left me." I replied looking down at my fingers.

"Camila," I lifted my gaze to meet hers. Her eyes where yellow. My stomach fluttered and I felt myself smile without being able to control myself.

"Listen to me Camila. I told you the night I saved you from the two guys I was going to protect you, remember?" She asked me and I nodded my head lightly.

"Right. So After what happened yesterday, you can be sure as hell that I'm not going to let anything hurt you. I don't mean you healing me. I mean the kiss. Believe it or not, it meant a lot to me. So if you allow me to, I'll never let you go as long as you're willing to let me in." She asked giving me a warm smile. I didn't know what was going on at the time. All I new was that I met this girl a few days ago and I had already fallen in love with her, if that was even possible.

But According to my eye color, it was.

She was definitely in love with me to. I leaned in and kissed her wam lips slowly and tenderly. She was the first to part  lips and got up.

"Come on." Lauren said as she held out her hand for me to take. "You fell asleep last night so you didn't meet my cousin Andrew. He's the oldest vampire here so he might be grumpy. But I'm sure he'll love you." She smiled and I finally took her hand and walked out the room with her.

"Lauren?"

"Yes Camila?"

"How did I get in bed with you last night? I don't remember anything after our kiss? Did I fall asleep?" I asked looking down to our intertwined hands.

"I carried you out because yes, you did fall sleep. I put you in the bed and was about to walk out, but you took my hand and told me to stay with you, so I did." The dark haired girl told me.

"Thank you" I smiled and kissed her cheek as we continued walking down the long hallway to meet Lauren's cousin Andrew.

-
An:
Hey guys! How are you? If like to get the chance to get to know you, so Let's be friends!

Twitter: @ wakkeemeup

Insta: @ wakee.meup

Tumblr: piercemyveilandsirens

Snapchat: Piercemyyoutube