18. A Long Walk

Lindsey Agnes
Knightley

I wake up at the door step of my house, Edenfield.

"This is so not my day," Ethan says while rubbing his head. He was rubbing it when we first entered the journal and now, he is again.

Poor lad, I feel bad for him.

"No kidding," Dylan says as he sits up. Ethan, Allison and I are are inside the house while Dylan is at the footpath. All of us sit up and start rubbing our backs.

Oh, my poor back.....

Ms Bragge suddenly comes out of nowhere and starts saying,
"Now, what are you all doing sprawled on the floor? Dylan, you're with them, too? I thought you said you'd behave after that incident with your teacher's car."

"Those were the good times," Dylan says while smiling. I think he is probably remembering somethings from his Fifth or Sixth Form days.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing, really. My friends and I wanted to mess around with our terrible History teacher, Mr Jennings. We all disessembled his car, took the parts to his living room(which was luckily unlocked), and reessembled it. That was fun." He laughs but continues, "Except for the part when we almost got expelled. If the school admin wasn't impressed by our grades and practical knowledge, they probably would have expelled us. And I suspect that our Physics teacher had something to do with the prevention our expulsion."

"How did you even get that idea?" I ask him.

"We actually saw that out of an old television show and wanted to try it."

Television show?

"Whoah, that's wicked! How did you put the indicator back in place? I've tried it but it doesn't work," Ethan asks Dylan with excitement in his eyes.

"You like mechanics, too?" I ask.

Ethan shrugs. At least attempts to.
"Seems interesting to me."

Dylan looks like he has finally found someone to talk mechanics and robotics with.

"Well, you just....."

"Now boys, don't get started here. Come inside," Ms Bragge says and looks over at Ethan and Allison. She then finally realizes that she has never the blonde and redhead lying here after a good five minutes. She says while looking at them,
"Oh, who are you two? I've never seen you before."

Both of them quickly get up and brush themselves.

"I'm Allison and this is my cousin, Ethan. We're Lindsey's friends, Miss..."

"Oh friends of Lindsey, I see. I am Ms Bragge, her and Dylan's governess."

"We're still here, guys," Dylan and I say as we finally get up. We have said the exact same sentence simultaneously and everyone looks back at us.

We both snap our heads to face eachother after saying that.

Weird.......

"All.... right. Come inside, everyone," Ms Bragge says.

They all walk inside while I turn towards my room, expecting the lot to follow me.

"Where are you going?" Allison asks me as soon as I put my foot on the first step.

"I thought that we all should go to my room to.... do some research."

They all nod and walk with me.

"Well, if you need anything, I'll be in the kitchen," Ms Bragge says while walking out.

Dylan suddenly turns around and says,
"Ms Bragge, can you bring the red-velvet cake you baked last night?"