Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part III)

"At least tell me whether or not I'll ever be able to see my parents and sister in my dreams again. Can they contact me through them? Like in the films and books? If they can, why haven't they yet?"

"Forgive me, Lindsey. I wish I could have given you a better answer, I really do.
The dead can never contact the living.
Once they have Transcended, you cannot talk to them.
Only supernatural beings can."

This is actually the last answer Henry gave me

I don't know what came over me when I wrote down that question. Was it a sudden flicker of hope or was it just a need to know an answer?

"Allison, I think you just vibrated...." Lacey says, while standing at her side.

Allison looks down at her and pulls out a phone from her capri. She lools down at the screen and announces,
"It's from work."

I raise my brow in question. I specifically remember Ethan saying something about Allison always being free.

She puts the phone and her ear and steps to the side.

Ethan motions Lacey and I move on and let Allison attend her call. After Lacey came to call us for dinner, I dialed Ms Bragge and told her that I'm staying over for dinner and also(maybe) for the night.

She just lightly chuckled at that and dropped the line by saying,
"I was expecting you to say that."

Ethan turns his head towards me, breaking me from my recap.
"Allison sometimes goes to the neighbour kids' birthdays, dressed up as some Disney princess. Apparantly, they love her."

A small smile creases my face and Ethan's own lips also grow wider at the sides.

That's actually the kind of job one could expect from Allison.

Walking across the corridor, I see our reflection on the glass of the several pictures tained into the wall. The walk from the Music Room to the kitchen is short(unlike that of Edenfield) and I quickly find myself at the its doorframe.

I see Mrs Ingram and another redheaded woman talking to eachother while a red headed man(who I presume is Mr Ingram) and a man with ash blond hair, sit at the corner of a large round table, with a newspaper crossword sprawled on the table.

Lacey runs over to the red headed woman and hugs her legs. She picks Lacey up in her arms and kisses her forehead. Meanwhile, Macey is sitting on the blond guy's lap and Kacey on the Mr Ingram's, with the two adults paying no attention to the ongoing stare down.