32. Macabre

(Listen to the song above while reading)

I hear light foot steps on a hardwood floor and realise that they are mine

I hear light foot steps on a hardwood floor and realise that they are mine. I blink several times as my eyes focus on what is happening in my vicinity.

I don't even remember how I got here but this place seems strangely familiar. The dim lighting, the hardwood, the stage infront of me, it all brings an unwanted sense of nostaligia in my stomach.

I only remember that after seeing off Ethan and Allison, I went inside Edenfield and ate my dinner with Ms Bragge. Dylan didn't show up and the time when I saw him in the balcony, was the last before I went to sleep.

Dylan was behaving really weird. He seldom smiled after the third memory.

As I walk across the stage, I see a red glow coming from backstage.

Red. Ethan.

I wonder why he was blushing so much then.

I instictly move towards where that red light is coming from, I have this feeling that it isn't going to be harmful.

Otherwise I would have turned on my heels by now, thinking that this is going to be The Conjuring 2.0.

I hear a few voices coming from the backstage which furthur lessens my doubt of something supernatural being there.

I walk to where the voices were coming from and see a little girl sitting in a corner. She is holding a picture in her hands while a silent tear falls down her cheek. I pay closer attention to her and my own voice dies out in my throat.

It's me, nine years old.

I peer over at the picture little Lindsey is holding and it's of Mum, Dad, Kathy, Dylan and me. That was the last picture we took together.

I look around and this is the same dance studio I used to go to when I was younger.

Wait, this doesn't seem like a good memory...

"Hey, Lindsey! Why are you still here? Won't your mum be worrying about you?"

I turn back to the voice of the girl who spoke that sentence and I clench my fists hard. It's her, Rosetta.
But she was no rose, at least not to me.

Little Lindsey quickly wipes the stray tear from her face and says,
"I..."

"Oh, I almost forgot. You don't have a mum or dad to worry about you. You're an orphan."