Unrequited? > Genos <

Genos knows the signs but assumes incorrectly.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Genos knew these feelings began as soon as himself and Saitama saved you from a monster that had raided through your now demolished apartment. He was extremely confused about them because he and everybody else knew that he was mostly mechanical bits that were simply breakable and replaceable.

But this didn't stop him from practically forcing you to live with Saitama and himself in their apartment. He wanted to figure out why he felt such a strange urge to protect you and keep you all to himself. At the ripe age of nineteen, Genos had acquired girlfriends before but only some simple flings from high school and what not. You had informed the two males that you were eighteen, causing Saitama to sigh in disappointment but Genos to perk at your words.

You didn't necessarily understand their actions and so you shrugged them off with a wave of your hand when you simply went to watch some tv. Interrupting your show, a news report began blurting details of a monster that was destroying the city. Genos and Saitama got up and ready to leave, you jumped up to tag along- not feeling safe about being in another apartment by yourself.

You eagerly followed behind them without their knowledge for a few steps out the door before Genos immediately sensed you behind him. He stopped suddenly and turned so quick that you didn't even notice when you accidentally walked straight into his hard body.

"What are you doing, (Y/N)?" Genos asked quickly while his eyes analysed you and your thumping heart beat. He continued to stare with blank emotions as you saw Saitama picking his nose in a bored manner out of the corner of your eye.

"I-I wanted t-to come with." You stammered out as you tugged on the ends of your shirt like a child. His stare seemed to cause your heart to sky-rocket and so you had to cut the eye contact short. Saitama then began tapping his foot impatiently when Genos glanced at him before looking at you and hesitantly placing his mechanical hand on your arm as an easing gesture.

"Sensei is waiting, we have to go- you go back into Sensei's apartment and wait for us there." He rushed out and before you could comprehend what he said, the two heroes were gone.

_._._._._._._._._._.

"What's up with you and her?" Saitama asked his disciple as they both ran at superspeed to the location of all the damage and bloodshed.

"I'm not sure Sensei- maybe you could teach me and help me." Genos shrugged when he quickly gazed at Saitama to see his reaction but was puzzled when he saw a small smile on the bald hero's face.

"You like her, Genos."

_._._._._._._._._._._.

You were nervous, upset and all around anxious when you waited for your two room mates to come back home. Hours had gone by and not a single minute was spent sitting. You couldn't stop fidgeting and you hated how you couldn't stop the thoughts that zoomed through your mind about how helpless you were.

The front door opened in that second and two clean and unfazed men walked in as if your mixed emotions that had been battling in your mind was all for nothing. You yelped in surprise and jumped at the first person to enter- which happened to be Saitama. Your legs instantly wrapped around his legs in order to keep you from falling and in pure shock, Saitama quickly placed his arms around your waist to keep both of you steady.