Valentine's Day > Genos <

Finally! The last Valentine's Day one shot, vote & comment if you want and thanks for reading- love you guys:)

Valentine's Day with Genos

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Genos and Saitama had been tirelessly watching television that day when nothing was going on. Just as the show finished, Saitama got up to water his little cactus on the balcony just as a very romantic looking advertisement played in the Tv in front of the cyborg.

The blonde man watched with curiosity as the man and woman embraced each other so openly with wide smiles. His eyes focused on the way the woman's smiled brightened immensely as the sight of the man handing her a large bouquet of red roses before she brought him into a kiss.

Genos wasn't listened to the words as the advertisement played along but his ears caught two words; Valentine's Day.

It sounded familiar but he supposed that the moment his life took a drastic turn because of that murderous cyborg that killed his family, he no longer took notice of the events and holidays that people celebrated.

He would just have to ask his wise and powerful Sensei.

"Sensei! What is.. 'Valentine's Day'?

The bald man looked up in surprise, not expecting such an unusual sentence to exit his disciples mouth but stood up and answered anyway.

"Uh.. It's a day where uh.. People show how much they.. Love each other and be romantic." Saitama finished slowly and unsurely. Genos nodded along with him, letting him know that the cyborg was listening and thought about his next question, the day of love suddenly seeming interesting to the young man.

"Mhm.. Sensei, would you happen to know when this day is? And what do people usually do?"

Saitama watched Genos closely, his eyes narrowing in thought when he realised how inexperienced he, himself was on this day, "It's on uh.. February 14; so tomorrow,"

"And I guess people give others cards, sometimes in secret to express themselves." He finished with a nod of his head confirming his own words when they sounded right to him.

Genos resembled a mannequin as he stood in front of Saitama with a thoughtful look on his face. Saitama felt awkward and unsure of what he should do but he jumped, slightly startled when the cyborg in front of him seemed to perk up at an idea.

While Saitama was speaking Genos had only one thing on his mind; You.

No, he didn't know you nor has he spoken to you but he knew that he immediately thought you were extremely beautiful when his eyes caught you in the local park.

He was confused while he watched you sell roses and small, plush bears to people as you stood by a stall that read, 'Happy Valentine's Day!'

He didn't know the occasion, but now he was well aware of what was happening when he saw you there he knew he wanted to see you again.

Before Saitama could comprehend what happened, his disciple seemed to bow in gratitude and sped out of the apartment in the blink of an eye causing the bald man to sigh in confusion and relax as he now finally had peace and quiet.

It was about three in the afternoon and you were bored out of your mind. You planted a smile on your face as you watched couples starting the holiday early, selling people roses and bears that were most likely for their partners as a surprise gift.

You were glad that people had came to your stall to buy things but it also reminded you of how single you actually were. People would often smiled sympathetically towards you as they walked past and some girls actually had the audacity to smile in a smug and vain looking way which made you stare back in confusion. Girls were actually trying to make you jealous?

You did what you did best and ignored them, turning to look towards your neatly set up gifts and growing surprised to see a wrapped card that was sealed in a red envelope. You quickly grabbed it and looked around, thinking that maybe someone had left it there by accident but the majority of people were walking away to go home or exit the park.

You looked back down to the card, carefully rubbing your fingers over the material but a shadow then appeared if front of you, making you look up in surprise as an embarrassed blush covered your cheeks. The man stood in front of you and wordlessly stared, you couldn't help do the same when thinking about how attractive he was, especially with that pink colour covering his cheeks.

He awkwardly coughed and quickly looked down towards the stall, picking up a single rose while getting his money out; he hastily handed you the amount for the rose and you smiled towards him as farewell- except he didn't leave.

You shrugged your shoulders and turned around, figuring your business with him was done and hurried to rip open the card and read it's contents, your smile growing until your red cheeks hurt from the words you read over and over.

'You're so gorgeous, I'm silenced by your beauty,

Be my Valentine?'

- Genos'

The blonde man stood there, holding the rose in his tight grip and you awkwardly turned towards him with a raised a brow, mentally questioning his odd behaviour but a second later all of your thoughts came to a halt when he shoved the flower straight into your face as he stuttered out, "Ha-happy Valentine's D-Day.."

You smiled after a while, your mind finally understanding what was happening and you slowly took the rose, smelling the delicate flower as the man seemed to relax a bit at your positive reaction.

He still continued to fidget in his spot and you continued to stare at the flower to avoid any unwanted awkwardness when you glanced up for a second to reply, "I'll be your Valentine Genos, Thank you for the rose."

He smiled softly, seeming to appear more confident when he wasn't rejected and he blushed deeply when you uttered your name to inform him and quickly pecked his cheek. He shyly reached down to hold your hand and hastily pulled you away from the stall to show you off to his Sensei as you only laughed along with him in delight.