Heart > Howl Jenkins Pendragon <

Howls Moving Castle <3 (My Absolute Favourite)

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Ever since you had wondered your way through the isolated mountains only a few months ago, your name hadn't left the fire demons mouth.

Calcifer; a fire demon who held the heart of Howl in a contract he had gotten himself stuck in when Howl was only a child. The fire demon was extremely kind to you and it surprised Markl, Sophie and Howl. They didn't know what possessed the demon to be so selfish and careless towards others but when it came to you, it was like you were his damsel who was constantly in distress.

Calcifer was consistently wondering if you were okay, he would ask how you were doing or what you were up to. He always seemed to want you near him and you didn't plan on upsetting the demon so you obeyed with smiles. The thought of being 'needed' in a way, made you feel really good and you weren't too keen on witnessing a forlorn fire demon.

"Hey! Hey, (Y/N), how are you? You look so beautiful today, can you feed me please- i'm goin' out!"

You had just exited the castle for a moment to witness the scenery outside. Sophie was still outside with turnip-head as she was quietly seated at a table that she and Markl brought out but you were a bit bored out there. The second you made it inside, walking up the small set of stairs, you had caught Calcifer's eyes and he already spoke out to you which also gained the undivided attention of Howl from where he was listening upstairs.

You only smiled at the little but powerful fire, unknowingly adding a little fuel to the fire of envy swirling inside of Howl and answered the fire, sitting in front of him now to warm yourself up, "Yes, I'm alright Calcifer, here you go." You answered when you leaned down under the fireplace to grab some extra wood on the floor.

Calcifer smiled widely at your words and at the content look on your face, you grab multiple pieces of wood and proceeded to throw them in, laughing at the sounds of Calcifer roughly devouring them as he had no shame.

"So how are you Cal?"

You asked as you lifted your hands to help heat them up. Calcifer noticed your actions, growing larger and nearer towards you to deliver the blaze you desired and you smiled as he began speaking, "I'm real good- better now that you're here!"

You giggled slightly but quieted a bit when a familiar green substance started leaking from upstairs, making it's way slowly down to the first floor. You gasped slightly at the sight when you remembered when Howl's hair had turned orange due to Sophie's impressive cleaning when she rearranged his magic potions and in one haste movement you were removing your shoes to run upstairs, only to find Howl was sitting at the top step with his head leaning on the wall.

"Eavesdropping, really? Then what could've caused your tantrum now?" You muttered to yourself when you reached the witch. You heard the door open as a couple of footsteps resonated through the house and you heard Calcifer yelling something about helping you and Howl.  

"Oh Howl, not again!" You heard from Sophie as she came beside you to lift the man up. Markl had already zoomed pass the two of you to run into the bathroom and Calcifer already knew to start heating up the water for a bath made for Howl.

You took one arm while Sophie took the other as you grunted in annoyance when you realised how heavy the witch really was. His green gooey substance was now all over you but you could do nothing but keep going as you slowly lowered Howl into the bath so Markl could help him clean up. Sophie sighed when she realised she would have to mop the house again and you only smiled sheepishly when you exited the house to strip yourself of your dirty clothes to take a dip in the vast lake.