> Karma Akabane - SoulMate AU <

In dedication to the release of my new book, I'm writing about Bae.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Growing up, you had always absolutely adored the fact that soulmates existed. It seemed too good to be real that people could find their other halves; the people who were made just for them. When you were growing up, it was like a fairy tale to you, you were the princess and your prince would find you by the writing on your skin.

You had dreams about them and awoke the next day to tell your parents with too much excitement for them to handle in the early hours of the morning. They smiled in glee and shared your joy as they held hands and glanced at each other knowingly; remembering the times when they were still in their youth.

That was a long time ago though and you realised the hard way, how naive you were. Your parents had their ups and downs; just like any other person in a relationship. But their words held a certain edge like they were pouring small amounts of salt to the wound; every argument at a time. They fought so much and disagreed on many things, you felt scared and insecure due to growing up surrounded by it.

Your older brother had slept around, not worrying about any of that 'crap' as he called it. You felt unsure because it didn't feel right to fall for someone, knowing they weren't built and created for you and vice versa- it felt icky.

When your parents found out about your brother, boy were they mad. They didn't understand his reasoning at first but it was only because he had realised the burden behind soulmates at such a young and influential age.

Your dad had affairs, he didn't say anything but you knew- he knew you knew too and then your mum found out. Everything went to hell and you gave up on fairy tale stories, falling into a spiral of sadness that lead to your dropping grades. The sickening thing to you, was that your mum and dad were still together, to this day- your mum didn't give up on him and she knew he was as good as trash.

Family wasn't a big thing for you, you started acting out at school and then that only lead to a lovely talk with the school counsellor. You couldn't keep your mouth shut and said all the wrong things; all aboard the train up the mountain, kiddos!

The first day in Classroom 3-E was only fun because you skipped. You went to school though, receiving ugly stares from students who earned the short end of the stick in terms of your blunt rudeness, delivering ugly stares back at the people who had miraculously found their lovers to spend the rest of their lives with.

'do you believe in an eternal love?'

The pen wasn't blunt so it lightly stung when the ink smoothly stained your flawless thigh. You didn't know why you bothered; you hadn't bothered before but watching the student's in the classroom you were supposed to be in- you were so bored.

You could see two empty seats, both of them located in the back and it was obvious one of them was yours. Eternal love was the basics of soulmates; it had always meant a love that lasted forever and everything that came along with it- you pitied your parents for having a few screws loose.

'sounds stupid.'

You felt your arm twitching and looked down to the flesh on your inner forearm to catch sight of bold letters that weren't previously there. Your eyes widened in shock and many indescribable feelings swirled inside of you. You felt breathless for a second before answering in a haste,