Valentine's Day > Gajeel Redfox <

Valentine's Day with Gajeel Redfox

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

The day of love had arrived and you couldn't help but feel happy when you observed the way people would shower their loved ones in gifts to express themselves. You were without a Valentine but the day had only begun so who knows what could happen. You were currently behind the bar with Mira serving drinks and specials for Valentine's Day and the both of you were enjoying the love being spread - and the endless stares you both received because of your pink revealing uniform you wore.

The dress was a short, red clothing with lace and hearts, it had a sweetheart neckline and a thin white belt to wrap around your waist. To complete the outfit you wore your white knee high socks and some pink flats. You hair was left down in it's natural waves and Mira mirrored you.

Lonely men were practically begging for your attention and you embraced it when it inflated you ego and hoped it would be going to Mira and yours plan to make a certain Iron Dragon Slayer jealous. The man sat alone in his chair at a table near the exit of the guild but he also had a clear view of you and these thirsty men; literally and metaphorically.

He sat in boredom doing nothing but eating his metal with his eyes trained on you and the bar. Mira would look at you giggling while wiggling her eyebrows when she glanced to the Dragon slayer and then back at you. You only rolled your eyes and flipped your hair over your shoulder to gain the attention of Gajeel in hopes to successfully keep his stare on you.

The plan was for you to dress to impress so that it would force the Black steel to ask you out or even ask to be his Valentine. Plan B that Mira had made up was for you to actually begin flirting with one of the men but you hoped it wouldn't have to get to that.

You liked the fact that you weren't an oblivious person so you could see Gajeel becoming slightly flustered at the sight of you, though you didn't know why exactly. Was he planning to ask you out, to be his Valentine? Or did the stares and the excessive declares of love just freak him out. It looked as if Lily was speaking; or ordering him to do something but Gajeel seemed to have one eye on him and one eye on you.

Without words being expressed Mira could see that you were becoming a bit blue because of the lack of action. You wanted to hopefully be with a Valentine throughout the whole day so Gajeel better hurry up.
With a drop of your towel you rolled your shoulders and turned to Mira who was now waving at Levy to come over. When Mira saw your eyes on her, she looked at you questioningly and you spoke, "Mira, I'm going to the restroom."

She nodded and smiled at you and turned to Levy as soon as she sat down in front of Mira with a curious but cheeky smile on her face. You made your way into the toilet and ignored their strange behaviour.

Minutes passed and you came back to the bar after washing your hands. You wordlessly slipped through the little passage way to begin serving people drinks again. Your best customer, Cana was suddenly seated in front of you and you smiled at the sight of her.

"Hey Cana, got a lucky man for a Valentine?" You smiled cheerfully as you poured her a beer. She scoffed and held her half-filled cup higher showing you the golden coloured beverage as she answered you while watching the drink, "I got beer, that's all I need."

You laughed at her words, not expecting anything different but her next words surprised you immensely, "Well, I see Gajeel getting busy on this day of love."

You froze in your spot and stared at her while your mouth unknowingly fell open slightly as your eyes twitched. People knew of how much you adored the Iron eater and you weren't ashamed of it at all. You just seriously questioned how the man himself didn't know, or maybe he did but did nothing about it.

You moved to the side to look behind Cana where you saw Levy and Gajeel laughing together and the sight made smoke blow from your ears. Levy of all people knew of your feelings and this is what she does?! You were seriously tempted to jump her but you had to keep calm for your sake.

Mira had been watching the whole thing with eager eyes as she clasped her hands together at her chest and Cana was just waiting for your reaction.. When she got nothing physically she only added to your fuel, "You gonna let Levy take him on Valentine's Day?"

That was it. You jumped over the counter of the bar and walked; or stomped over to the blue-haired female and stood behind her, glaring as Gajeel jumped and gulped at the sight of your presence.

His cheeks turned red and Levy turned around and smiled at you. Yep, she smiled.
Levy laughed and your grew confused as to what was happening as she turned to Gajeel when she saw his cheeks were turning the colour of Erza's hair. The Iron Dragon Slayer avoided your eyes and Lily only smirked in a smug looking way.

You slowly sat beside Levy as you were now only confused and she spoke, making your face burn, "(Y/N)! We were just talking about you!"

Your eyes widened and you looked in between Levy and Gajeel, thousands of thoughts running through your head when you only meekly answered, "Re-really..? Wh-why?"

You almost cringed for sounding so inferior and that only made Levy giggle some more, "Yeah! Gajeel was just talking about how beautiful you look in that outfit! Or actually about how beautiful you always look."

"Eh?!" Gajeel jumped in his seat, turning to you with wide eyes and Levy couldn't stop laughing now. You could feel your face turning red and you stared at Levy just to avoid Gajeel's piercing stare. Levy seemed to be wordlessly speaking to him with weird facial expressions and the man looked like she had grown an extra head before he finally understood.

"OH! Uh- I mean, y-yeah.. sure."

In your seat, you played with your hands nervously before you noticed Levy reaching down to grab one of your hands and place it on the table when Gajeel's hand was already resting. She proceeded to connect the two and you revelled in how soft and warm his calloused hand was as his fingers slowly but surely entwined with yours. Levy giggled at the cuteness and you couldn't mistake Mira's giggle as she also stared from the bar.

In the midst of hand-holding you felt Levy disappear and you only looked up to Gajeel to see he was already staring at you with a peculiar but sweet smile on his face. You felt flustered but happy when you felt his tighten his hold and a huge smile grew on your face when you noticed Gajeel slightly nodding his head towards Lily as the black exceed brought out a heart shaped box of chocolates and placed it in front of you.

"Be my Valentine (Y/N)?" The Iron Dragon Slayer asked in a husky voice that had shivers crawling down your spine.

You nodded and quickly reached over the table to plant a kiss on his red cheek and basked in the day of love, snuggled into Gajeel's side for the whole day and many, many days after that.