First Meetings > Kaneki Ken <

Who knew meeting Kaneki for the first time would be so.. Productive.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Today was a very productive day.. Not. There was nothing to do and all of your friends were either busy or studying at your university campus. You had been walking through the streets of Tokyo, observing the people you passed as you went and found yourself walking towards a cute little cafe.

You looked up to the read the name of the place in front of you which read; Anteiku. You noticed there wasn't many people inside and the place looked adorable so you decided to step inside.

The door opened and the bell rang, indicated a new customer arrived. You looked around and smiled as the smell of freshly crushed coffee beans hit your senses. You walked through and took a seat beside the window so you had a clear view of people and cars passing by. The place was quiet but not an uncomfortable, awkward quiet- it felt homely and warm.

You turned to the counter to see a boy with black hair and an eyepatch over his left eye, to be honest he looked really cute but he looked frozen and his eye seemed wide in shock.

Kaneki had been relaxing in the quiet cafe, he stood behind the counter and proceeded to dry the coffee glasses when he heard the bell chime from the door. He turned towards it with a smile, thinking it was Touka coming back from her errands but the boy was silenced at the sight of a beautiful girl.

His mind came to a halt as he failed to keep his eye off of you, you didn't notice his stare and sat at the table but Kaneki was having a mental freakout. If only Hide was here to give him the confidence he needed- why couldn't Kaneki possess the outgoing and bubbly personality that his best friend had.

You were sitting in your seat, placing your bag down beside you and when you looked up you saw the boy was now in front of you, standing tense like a mannequin. You smiled at his presence and he seemed to grow an awkward and nervous lift of his lips. You watched and waited for him to speak, giggling at his fidgety nature as he rubbed his sweaty palms down the vest of his uniform.

"Uh- Uhm.. Hell-o, What wo-would you l-like?" He stuttered out, holding a palm-sized notepad in his tight grasp. You smiled again and answered, "Hi, I'll have a coffee please."

He seemed to relax in ease at your light and silky voice, the kind smile he received and your mesmerising eyes. He nodded stiffly and turn around, almost tripping on your bag on the ground but he jumped and rushed off with blushing cheeks and rapidly moving eyes.

You almost laughed out loud at his clumsy nature but shook yourself out of your daydream when you noticed your eyes had unconsciously followed him as he moved to make your hot beverage. You cursed yourself mentally for staring and turned towards the book that was laid in front of you to continued from your page that was bookmarked.

Minutes later your coffee arrived in the shaky hand that was the boy who seemed to pull you in. You couldn't stop yourself from glancing from time to time and he seemed as if he had no idea what to do, rushing back to the counter after he nodded his head toward you, you thanked him silently and grew disappointed when you knew you were slightly interested but had no clue as to approach this new ordeal that was the lovely boy.

You took small sips of your delicious coffee and continued to read, your eyes getting stuck on the same sentence when your mind drifted to the boy who also couldn't keep his mind and eyes off of your glowing form.

You finished your coffee and sighed at the refreshing taste as it slid down your throat, jumping in your spot when you heard the familiar chime of the bell indicating someone had entered the cafe. You listened quietly as you heard the boy working talk to the stranger, he had blonde hair and a grin on his face.

You continued to stare at the two boys conversing but they began whispering when the blonde man looked at you. His whole demeanour seemed to beam throughout the room as he turned back to the black haired boy to murmur something to him resulting in the cute boy to blush deeply in return.

Your brows furrowed in confusion and you got up to leave, leaning down to pick up your bag. You yelped when you noticed the blonde man standing in front of you as he smiled, crinkling his eyes in the process and then glancing to the black haired boy seemed to be a flustered mess.

He radiated happiness and smiles and in your awkward state you could only smile back in confusion, "Hi! I'm Hideyoshi Nagachika, but that's a mouthful so you can call me Hide."

You stood in your spot, placing your bag on your shoulders and answered the boy with a kind smile, glancing to the black haired boy who seemed to stare at you and your reaction.

"I.. I'm uh (Y/N) (L/N), it's nice to meet you Hide."

The man aggressively shook your hand, causing your whole body to shake in the process and you yelped from the contact, hearing the boy yelp also as the bright male introduced himself and began to drag you to the counter as your eyes widened at the sight of the adorable looking boy, quickly look away to act as if he wasn't even staring at you the whole time.

"This is my best friend, Ken Kaneki - Kaneki, Meet (Y/N)!" Your hand went limp as you stared at the boy, watching his gaze meet yours as time seemed to stand still. Hide began grinning cheekily from your side and slowly let go of your hand to let you pass it to Kaneki. He stared at it and then smiled a little, a red colour flooding across his face when his skin made contact with yours.

You held your breath, watching him and he smiled at you which made your heart beat faster than normal. You found it all too surreal and you didn't want to believe that you had grown feelings for a boy you only met not even an hour ago.

He let go of you hand and watched you for a moment, Hide began talking about studying and whatnot while you stood by but then you shook your head and sped out of the door when you thought about having feelings grow for a stranger.

_._._._._

Days past and then days turned into weeks and Kaneki was about minutes away from scolding his best friend for scaring the gorgeous girl away. Kaneki was beginning to feel afraid that he wouldn't get to see your beautiful eyes again and the thought made him cringe. He was moping and Touka didn't seemed to mind but she also didn't bother asking why the one eyed ghoul was going through a menstruation-type mood.

It was another boring day and you had just realised that morning that the book you took along with you to Anteiku was left behind. Someone had probably stolen it or maybe Kaneki threw it away but that was one of your favourite books by Takatsuki Sen and you had to at least attempt to get it back.

You slowly walked up the street and took a breath when you opened the door and heard the bell chime from above you. The place was silent again, you figured rush hour had passed and you walked to the table you sat in a week ago, or was it two weeks? You saw the book that belonged to you, sitting on the counter with a crinkled looking piece of paper on the inside.

Your brows furrowed at the sight as you watched Touka Kirishima nonchalantly cleaning a coffee cup. You wordlessly picked up the book and swiped some dust off of the cover and in that moment you felt eyes on you, turning to look out the window your eyes opened wider when you observed a nervous looking Kaneki standing outside and watching you with your book. He feebly gestured towards the book with his eyes and you looked down curiously, opening the page you had originally bookmarked to see a recently added paper that had small and relatively neat words on it.

'(Y/N), will you go on a date with me?'

You smiled wider, trying to cover the smile with your hair and the collar of your shirt and looked back up to watch Kaneki as his face grew a new shade of red at the sight of you reading his message to you. You nodded softly and felt butterflies in your stomach and Kaneki also smiled at you.

You walked towards the door and didn't take your eyes off of him as you made it outside and into the sunlight where you approached the adorable boy, grabbing his sweaty palm into yours and letting him take you out anywhere as long as he was with you.