> Isogai Yūma <

Dressed on your school uniform, you stood in front of the body-length mirror in your room watching your eyes twitch from the left to the right. A grim line was set on your lips, you huffed as you silently fixed your hair the way you had always adjusted it before going to school.

"(Y/N)! Hurry up and eat, you have to go to school soon!" You didn't answer, turning around quickly to grab your school bag and books and walk through the house to approach the kitchen. Your mother smiled at the sight of you and your father offered one too before going to back to scoffing down his breakfast.

You mother hastily walked up to you, smiling as she tugged your arm to pull you into a bone-crushing hug, "Okāsan is this necessary every morning?"

She giggled and petted your hair like a pet, "Of course, I love you! Isn't that right honey?"

She turned to your father who looked up to see your mother holding you in a choke hold as your arms remained limp by your sides, "Really? You my wife, love our daughter? That's absolutely absurd!"

You cringed at the sarcasm, tugging on the arms around your neck to grab a slice of bread and place it in the toaster, "There's food on the table, what's wrong with that?" Your mother was way too enthusiastic in the morning, you turned to retort but you stopped short when watching the short stack of pancakes calling your name.

You abandoned the toast to grab a pancake, then another. And one for when you still got hungry. "What is with your hair! Get it out of your face, please~!"

Your face was pinched into her grip, being tilted upwards so your long hair moved to reveal your whole face. The woman before you smiled, her own eyes twitching as they moved to the left and then to the right.

"So beautiful..." She murmured for the millionth time, you sighed in distaste and stepped backwards, effectively escaping her hold and grabbing your bag before you could be used as a tree for your sloth of a mother who would attach herself to you and opened the front door, yelling out a goodbye before leaving for school.

You walked through the streets on the familiar route you took every morning and afternoon. You consistently watched your feet, watching your hair sway to your movements after having every turn and curve of the street relatively memorised. Your head couldn't be relieved of your mothers words, no matter how much you wanted to forget about it.

You didn't see anything 'beautiful' when looking in the mirror. It was weird, your face was weird and you weren't the only one thinking so, you were constantly discriminated and spoken about in Kunugigaoka Junior High, it was the sole reason for being placed in the lowest class. The teachers held no sympathy for the student who was excluded in school because they only cared about the fact that you were the source of the students distracted behaviour and they couldn't allow that, now could they?

Your grades weren't the greatest but you could definitely argue that you could be placed only just below the school's top five students. You wouldn't want to be categorised with them anyway so you just didn't care anymore. Passing through the main building, you cursed your throat for feeling dry after those fluffy pancakes.

You found the closest vending machine and pulled out your wallet, ignoring the chattering around you as more students began arriving to school. You entered the coins in your hand, cursing yourself internally for watching your hand shake when you heard more people surrounding you, "Is that her!? She looks scary!"

The lights lit up on the drinks you could afford, pressing on the one you desired most, the machine slammed as the drink clashed with the opening, you bent over to pick it up before standing straight again, looking down once again to exit the main building.