Colours > Edward Elric <

In which the world is finally filled with Colour as soon as two pairs of lips meet.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

You had dreamt of that day becoming a reality too many times to count. Whether it was a dream in your sleep or maybe whenever you found yourself dozing off while awake, you didn't know how to make it stop. You didn't want to think of it a lot because of how you always felt after it, no matter how many times you found yourself dreaming again, it was always including the same short alchemist who you proudly called your bestest friend in the whole world.

His name was Edward Elric and if he had the ability to read your mind, you were sure you would have him running for his life because of how many times you thought of cuddling or kissing him and his wonderful lips.

You were so damn scared though. So many things were bound to go wrong if God had answered your prayers and let it happen. What if you two did kiss, and then once you opened your eyes, everything continued to be black, white and grey around you.

No matter what, that was your biggest fear, it wasn't fair to be able to like someone this much when at such a young age with no knowledge at all of what would come from your fantasies if they became a reality. Sometimes you often told yourself you wouldn't believe all those things you had been told by your elders. You would only tell yourself it was something that others had made up to give people hope to find love and maybe pursue dating, or building confidence.

The thought irked you but you also had many deep desires to find out what a colour was and what they looked like. The whole concept puzzled you greatly when you heard of both the sky and ocean being blue and the grass being green. But what in the world was 'blue' and 'green'? They were colours but all you had even seen was black, white and grey. That was all you had even known until the day you would finally somehow kiss the man you were to give yourself to forever.

The concept of soulmates never once left your mind, you often found couples who had that bright spark in their eyes as they viewed the world in a way you wouldn't know. Their smiles could brighten someones day and you couldn't wait to share that with someone who loved you as much as you would grow to love them. The thing was, you only really wanted that person to be Edward Elric as you had already found yourself falling into a spiral of love only directed to him.

Your young self had grown up with the boy and his younger brother Alphonse and you couldn't count the amount of times he or someone else had caught you staring at Edward with a smitten gleam right at his lips. They looked perfect and inviting too but you knew there was a chance that they weren't particularly inviting you.

Today though, you weren't sure why, but you desperately wanted to confess to him. You don't know what changed over night; maybe it was the torturous dream of having to watch Winry and Edward embrace in a passionate kiss as their lips locked and colours became defined between the two of them. You weren't going to lie and say you hated Winry because you didn't at all, she was so caring and funny that you couldn't help but see her as an older sister even if you were both the same age but still, she was also very tall and beautiful with long hair and a dazzling smile too.

Envy or not, you hated that you couldn't resent her for also becoming starry-eyed at the older Elric with the somehow satisfying charm he possessed in his body. You would've said small body but you were actually a few centimetres shorter which gave him great pride in himself. But if it made him smile you didn't care at all.